germantown wins

juicyt

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to G'town. I think they discovered Brentwood's secret from last year; play one of the better DII AAA teams early to improve your game, and march on to the championship. C'mon other 5A wannabees...learn your lesson!

Congrats to Riverdale as well, another great coaching job by Rankin, and they will be back...and soon. (But step up your schedule coach!)

Edited by itzme

Playing those super 2 1/2 teams had something to do with it but playing tough 5-A competion all year had a lot more.

Congrats to Germantown, nothing better than proving all those people wrong who said you have no speed. Great job on the pursuit angles.

Key to this game is running up the gut to nullify the speed.

Heartiest congratulations to Germantown. You played a heckuva game. I was impressed by your size, but I had heard you were big. I was more impressed by the speed on your defense. Great lateral pursuit on Riverdale's sweeps.

Riverdale, congratulations to y'all also. Ya had a great season, and you'll be back. You needed another perfect game tonight. A few dropped passes, a few penalities, and a poor punt can be devastating in a game like this. Mistakes killed you....just like mistakes killed LC against y'all a couple of weeks ago....live by the sword and die by the sword.

Overall, a great game...two good teams. Fans who stayed home because of the cold missed a good one.

All I have to say is that it's about time. I was beginning to think that G-town was turning into a team like Dobbyns-Bennett who can win in the regular season but cant win in the playoffs. Well I guess you got your bad streak over. The best team won tonight. I have one question though. What the heck was up with Riverdale punting on 3rd down. I have never seen anything so foolish. That showed lack of confidence. Good Job G-town.