Demarcus Stevens

NoDoubt

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Stevens play in the state championship game and he didn't seem to be that fast. I read this morning that he was a legit 4.4, is this true?

Cooter,

His forty time is no fabrication. I was actually at the school visiting the coaches on the first day of preseason practice...they had all the kids out and were getting height, weight, vertical and forty times. I actually held one of the 3 stop watches when Stevens was running that day and I recorded a 4.40...the others recorded in the low 4.4s. So, from a first hand account I can tell you that he can fly.

I think that his speed during the game may wear down a bit, considering he plays both ways and special teams. He has an incredible jump off the line, which is similiar to a track runner out of the starting blocks.

Furthermore, his speed must be legit or I dont think UT would have even considered him. They probably had him in for a mini workout...but that fact I am unsure of.

-MSmoker

I saw Stevens play in the state championship game and he didn't seem to be that fast. I read this morning that he was a legit 4.4, is this true?

As msmoker said, he plays the WHOLE game - both sides of the ball & special teams. Another factor to consider since you say you saw him play that day . . . . . did you happen to see how sick he was? In between times he was on the field he was on the sidelines throwing up, then he would stand up, put his helmet on, jog up & down the sidelines & then back in the game he went. The boy has legit talent & heart!

Way to go Mookie!

GO FALCONS!