All-West Tennessee football

JeremyPeppas

Hey all you coacht knuckleheads, I'm giving you guys, gals and others a rare and unique opportunity.

As you know the paper puts out an All-West Tennessee football team at Christmas.

The team covers all the teams west of the Tennessee River, but does not include Shelby County.

All the coaches were sent nominations forms for All-West Tennessee and I have them back.

But I'd like to know what you think.

So, pick a Player of the Year and the All-West Tennessee team. Combine all the classifications and try to keep the team as honest as possible. So don't just say all the players from your school and make it an actual team. So have five offensive linemen, a couple of receivers and so forth.

Of course, your vote won't actually count.

I'm doing this because I've discovered coacht has some knowledgeable football fans and also not every coach sends in their information.

I also hope that some of you will realize this job doesn't mean just showing up for games and isn't always very easy. It is, at least some of the time, hard.

For the very serious send your best guesses to jpeppas@jacksonsun.com.

Thanks

jp

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man this is a tough one to choose from. expetionally with all of the GREAT running backs we had this year. lets see there was earnest williams, rod smith, adam november(prolly be listed at lb though)and terrence bell. i dont know much on the q/b's this year but will prolly have to go with george west of milan. o-line not sure of at all. b/c of how many there are. but i think that jcm's lamont berry should be listed as tight end. as well as ramon foster.

wide receiver- d. walker from milan quentin hurd of nside and daniel johnson of tca

d-line jcm's antavious maxwell and james robertson, cody douglas of haywood

linebacker- milans terricus davis jcms adam november and william comer nsides lee yandell adn nathon kirton

kickers- shane normandin and alberto diaz

and i dont know if there is a coach of the year award but tca's coach dont know his name

I would probably have to say that the player of the year has to go to Rod Smith from Milan w/ Earnest Williams a close second. November, Bell, Terricus Davis and others will be on the team.............I would make an argument that Coach Mansfield from Hutningdon would get coach of the year........only team to win a title and Htowns first at that!!

I would personally like to tell you 9yrold., that you are the best exemplification of class that I have ever seen on this board. Not many people give the rival school the credit that you do and from Huntingdon I personally thank you. Milan and Huntingdon should form a private school cuz that way they could spank MBA year in and year out......HAHAHA.

I would personally like to tell you 9yrold., that you are the best exemplification of class that I have ever seen on this board. Not many people give the rival school the credit that you do and from Huntingdon I personally thank you. Milan and Huntingdon should form a private school cuz that way they could spank MBA year in and year out......HAHAHA.

BigH, I appreciate the comments

I"ll be honest, when you guys beat Milan, I don't think I slept for 2 days! However, we lost to a good team and that's something I can live with. People can say it was an upset but it wasn't. An upset would have been us losing to Mitchell and that would have taken a year to get over. I really don't think there was a nickels difference between the two teams this year. Milan beat Huntindon once and Huntingdon beat Milan once when it counted the most.

The neat thing about it is that the two best AA teams in the state are only 20 miles apart.

Im not leaning on Milan because I played for Milan, Im just not really familiar with alot of other teams great players.

QB-George West(Milan)

RB-Rod Smith(Milan) Adam November(J.C.M.) Chris Donald (Huntingdon)

WR-Daniel Beasley(Milan) #9 (Covington) Do not remember his name.

Defensive Secondary- Daylan Walker (Milan) Scott Hampton (Huntingdon)

O-Line- Ryan Barnes(Milan)

D-Line-Nellet(Huntingdon) Antonio Williams (Milan)

Linebackers-Terricus Davis(Milan) Adam November(J.C.M.) Huntingdons two outside linebackers.

Edited by westtn2004state