All-West Tennessee football

JeremyPeppas

The team covers all the teams west of the Tennessee River, but does not include Shelby County.

How can this team be called all West Tennessee and not include Shelby County? Doesn't make sense to me but then again I guess that Shelby County has enough good players to have their own team. Sounds like the ugly step sisters and Cinderalla Shelby County gets picked on by East Tenn., Middle Tenn., and now West Tenn.lol

You're right. Memphis has as just about as much talent as anyone. But yall just don't know how to play like we do. My example of this would be the Milan/Carver game. Carver had more talent than Milan but the final score was Milan-34/Carver-12. If you give that talent to some of the coaches around here theyd be in the championship every year.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can this team be called all West Tennessee and not include Shelby County?

The Commercial Appeal ignores the majority of West TN schools since we are out of their coverage zone. The Jackson Sun does the same since Memphis is out of their coverage zone. Consider it a rural West Tennessee team.

Not to mention the fact that rural West TN considers Memphis either a part of North Mississippi or Eastern Arkansas.

One reason why you don't hear much about Memphis/Shelby County schools on coacht is b/c not many of us log onto the site everyday. We have other things to do.

The Commerical Appeal does have a tough time b/c they have to cover all of Shelby County, some of Tipton County, West Memphis,AR, and several schools in North Mississippi. So someone is going to get left out and it's going to be rural West Tn b/c of their smaller populations, in my opinion.

One player from urban West Tn to consider:

DE-Corey Mills-CBHS

ANYBODY KNOW ABOUT THE 1A TEAM? I HAVENT SEEN IT YET!

BIG SHOTOUT TO MY DAWG FROM SOUTH FULTON, #30 MITCHELL MAYNARD! HE IS ONE OF THE MOST UNDERRATED PLAYERS IN WEST TENNESSEE. HE STARTED AS A FRESHMAN AND HAS AVERAGED AT LEASE 105 TACKLES. CONGRATS ON MAKING THE ALL-WEST TENNESSEE 1A TEAM AND THANKS FOR ALL THE MEMORIES AT SOUTH FULTON!

U KNOW WHO I AM!

All very worthy so far. Just a few I noticed during the season.

The nose tackle for JCM.

Adam November, Adam November, Adam November, Adam November, Adam November.

Some serious consideration could be made at LB for Chris Wilson at Westview.

They did not have a good year, but this kid did. All heart and hustle.

Garner Goode(DB/LB/Wherever)-Dresden

Adam November(JCM)-West Tennessee Player of the year. Carried the mail on offense, stud on defense

Coach of the Year-Mike Mansfield at Huntingdon. Beat the best two teams in the state in back to back weeks. Team got better from week 1. Only coach with a state championship from our area and did so in dramatic fashion.

Thanks for all the responses I wasn't why Shelby County got left out. So now all I have to do is call the commercial appeal tell them to start covering about 100 more games so our boys can get recognized on the West Tennessee team.

The commercial barely mentions the so called area teams as it is. Well when the CA best of the preps list comes out in a couple of weeks I'll make sure and post it so our boys can get their names on here.