Region Team 6-5A

faninthestand

Looking for the Region 6-5A team. According to BigdogDaddy, the Franklin players were:

All Region 6-5A

voted by coaches

Franklin:

Brad Christiansan

Ryan Nichols

Carl Ladd

Matt Solima

Josh Nelson

Tony Hammond

Mac Cross- Most Valuable Offensive Lineman

Joe Bell- Most Valuable Special Teams

David DeFatta - Most Valuable Punter

David Campbell- Most Valuable Kicker

Tim Johnson- Most Valuable Coach

What about Brentwood, Centennial, Dickson County, Kenwood, Clarksville, Henry County, and Ravenwood.

Please don't speculate, just post em if you know em.

Brentwood Bruins

OG- Brent Cannon

WR/DB- Kellen Moore

WR- Brian Heimerdinger

DE- Nick Fosset

OLB/RB- Blake Turner

OT- Adam Hansen

Region Most Valuable Defensive Lineman- Denton Casey

Region Offensive MVP- Jared Fugate

Region 6-5a MVP..... Ian Van Horne

Congratulations to these guys and to all other players recieving post season awards.

Dickson County had several make the All-region team.

Grant Allen- in my opinion he should have beaten Fugate for the offensive MVP. Take a look at his numbers: Rushing: 731 (averaged an astounding 9.7 ypc)

Receiving: 698yds ( 20.4 yards per reception).

Returns: averaged 31.4 yards a return.

Defensively: led state with 12 interceptions

How does this guy not get the recognition he deserves. All of theses numbers and the guy stands at 5' 5" and weighs 150 pounds. Unbelieveable.

Quentin Primm- Defensive MVP

Eric Brommell- 612 yards rushing even though he missed 4 games and was hurt for the final 3. He played with a torn ligament in his knee.

Jordan Tinsley- rushed for seven hundred yards on the season. Seemed like every carry was a huge gain. He had 9 touchdowns of over 50 yards.

Shane Bishop- very good unheard of quarterback. He through for 1,100 yards but his most impressive feature is his ability to keep his team out of the bad play. Shane had one interception on the season and that was the first play of the year when Dickson went for the home run to start the season.

Jason Swindell and Derrick Stockton anchored perhaps the best running game in the state as well as solidifying a good defensive front. They played tackles on both sides of the ball.

FHS27 if you read this please respond. How can you not have Dickson in your top ten poll. Usually you and I agree on most threads but I have taken offense to your lack of respect. Granted, Dickson did lose in the first round of the playoffs to a team that they should not have; however, lets not forget that they ran through Riverdale and in addition ran through Franklin. I would think that when a team puts up 480 yards of offense (look it up) against your Rebels you would have a hard time forgetting them. Also, they rushed for 3700 yards as a team on the season. I would like to know where that ranks them in the state. Oh well, sorry guys for the rambling. I just dont understand how this team does not get more respect than they do.

Glad to see you have not lost your enthusiasm for your Cougars.

Relative to Offensive MVP, all the players named to the Region Team are being recognized for their contribution to their team and their standing within the Region as a whole. Who gets named MVP, Offensive MVP and so on is Icing on the Cake, and probably could be debated between many of the Region Candidates.

Congratulations to all the Region 6-5A Team members, these awards come from the Coaches who had to deal with you - and should be viewed as the highest compliment for they saw you on tape in preperation, and in person on game day; the remaining awards come from Media and Coaches who can only go by heresay and poorly kept stats.