MUMFORD HIGH

blimp

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand why Mahoney keeps losing jobs in TN high schools: Waverly, Munford, maybe another? He used to be the Head Coach at Murry State when I played at MTSU, replacing Frank Beamer when he left for Virginia Tech. He must know football. Maybe he has trouble relating to high school kids and their parents. Someone know??

Edited by bird

Coach Mahoney,left Waverly to go Jackson North Side as Asst. for an $8,000 raise and only 45 miles from his children in Dyersburg. Try to get your facts straight. At waverly 6-5 and lost to Portland in the playoffs

As I said someone on here would know something. Oh, but as I said there is alot of bull on this site also. No one knows anything except Mahoney himself.

I had a friend who used to coach with Mahoney when he was an assistant.

Munford's last three years, all under Mahoney, have had records of 0-10, 4-7, and 1-9. Those don't match up to what Munford fans are used to. It looked somewhat promising last year when they only lost to East in the playoffs by a touchdown. But a 1-9 campaign this year really hurts a program. Now, Munford's former coach, Darry Marshall, is there as principal and you know he's looking to rejuvinate the football program. He took Munford to the state championship while he was there, then left for Arkansas and got a state championship in his first year there. High standards, which is good for a program.