Knoxville Area Coaches 2

PLACALL

dil,

I can't speak specifically about that carter situation because I don't even know where the place is located.  I did have a friend who had a friend who had a kid that played out there and he laid the blame for that infamous streak on the fact that the weightroom/RB coach/DB coach/trainer/bus driver didn't want to do anything but wrestle.  I can't imagine that. 

river,

I agree about the fence huggers being pretty knowledgeable.  I hang out with a few at every Clinton home game and we always make the right calls in the game.  We also let the coaches have it anytime they happen to walk by.  Man, I love Fridays in Clinton.

Newman

I heard that "coach" was only interested in one exercise in the weight room--> the bench (must have been something he learned in high school) I bet that if this dude ever tried to do a squat, he would end up on the bathroom floor of the gym and ultimately in the hospital.

I'm suprised you can spell "squat". 'Cause that's about how much you know about this subject. :angry:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cartman,

I've been called many things on here, especially by the mareville sheep, but "very intelligent" is a new one for me.

That being said, from what I understand Shultz or Shattuck will get the job. Dutch Shultz played there in the 80's and coached there briefly before moving to greener pastures in the peach state. Shattuck is currently an assistant at OR and that's all I know about him. My money would be on Shultz, but I've been wrong before ( like when I thought mareville would actually give Mo. West a game ).

I don't know about Catlett. IMO, he's still a good, young coach who just happened to walk into a no-win situation. I guess it just depends on whether he wants to stay in football or look elsewhere.

BTW, where's Bill Morgan been?

Edited by Newman

Newman -

I wouldn't worry about what those M---------- sheep call you, they are not very intelligent. Remember to be careful when using the M word, or you could end up like bill morgan

It should be interesting to see what happens at Clinton. I hope things go well for you all.

How is your golf game?

Fence huggers are part of the game. If you coach, get used to it, it's one of the negative aspects of the game. The only way to tolerate it is to win, but it will never go away or get better. I've come off the field after losses and wins and had to listen to negative comments from both parents and fans. You can't make everybody happy. Clinton is no any different than any other community. The only way to contain it is to win.

How much time should a coach be given to turn his program around? Is 5 years long enough, how about 15? What could a person do to help a program develop into a winning program? What are teams like Halls, Powell, Farragut, Bearden, Webb, Carter, South-Doyle, Karns, Gibbs, and Knox West doing to come out of the slump they are in? Football is about good athletes, good coaching, and players believing in the staff. Of the KIL schools what are some problems each school is having?

Fulton-

Central-

Austin-East-

Gibbs-

Farragut-

Bearden-

South-Doyle-

Karns-

CAK-

Webb-

Catholic-

Carter-

Halls-

Powell-

West-

Edited by PLACALL

How much time should a coach be given to turn his program around? Is 5 years long enough, how about 15? What could a person do to help a program develop into a winning program? What are teams like Halls, Powell, Farragut, Bearden, Webb, Carter, South-Doyle, Karns, Gibbs, and Knox West doing to come out of the slump they are in? Football is about good athletes, good coaching, and players believing in the staff. Of the KIL schools what are some problems each school is having?

Bearden-

One word: offense.

We have an excellent defense year in and year out. We need a good solid offensive scheme that makes the best of our players and is at the same time sensible and productive. It gets frustrating for me especially because the ball is so rarely put in the QB's hands to make plays. That needs to change.

BHS is coach maynord leaving? Newest rumor.

No, not at all. He is just beginning to build our program up. But there has been talk of whether we will need a new offensive coordinator next year. Coach Maynard is very defensively geared and is an excellent motivator. We need a spark on offense like he gives us on defense.

But no, he is not leaving, and I hope he is here as long as I am. I enjoy playing for him.