What's wrong with Shelbyville?

jl292

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be tough to say that the hype wasn't just a bit of a distraction, but you have to give the teams they have lost to a lot of credit. They've been beaten by some really good teams and Shelbyville has also beaten several good teams, a couple of them very badly. You also have to take into consideration the knee injury that Fuller sustained. They're a different team with her on the floor. I don't think it's fair at all to say 8-AAA is a "weaker district." It's actually one of the most consistently tough girls districts in Tennessee. With all that being said, I think they're still the best team in Tennessee when everyone is healthy and I think they will have a shot at a championship again this spring.

I think it would be tough to say that the hype wasn't just a bit of a distraction, but you have to give the teams they have lost to a lot of credit. They've been beaten by some really good teams and Shelbyville has also beaten several good teams, a couple of them very badly. You also have to take into consideration the knee injury that Fuller sustained. They're a different team with her on the floor. I don't think it's fair at all to say 8-AAA is a "weaker district." It's actually one of the most consistently tough girls districts in Tennessee. With all that being said, I think they're still the best team in Tennessee when everyone is healthy and I think they will have a shot at a championship again this spring.

I was merely going by records. Other than Shelbyville at 9-4, The rest of that district is at .500 or alot worse. They may have been traditionally tough just not this year.

Shelbyville's #1 ranking came out before the season ever started. It was based on last year's record and the players returning. Shelbyville has been beaten by some very good teams. The knee injury to Alex Fuller did have an effect upon their play in Arizona I'm sure. Shelbyville will be back by tournament time I predict. Keep your heads up girls.

Shelbyville's #1 ranking came out before the season ever started. It was based on last year's record and the players returning. Shelbyville has been beaten by some very good teams. The knee injury to Alex Fuller did have an effect upon their play in Arizona I'm sure. Shelbyville will be back by tournament time I predict. Keep your heads up girls.

I think that they will be a major factor in who wins the state. But they can't hang their heads or use excuses about injured players. They have to play with what they have and champions don't make excuses.

I have not seen them play this year, but five early losses suggest that the #1 national ranking was unwarranted. They are probably a safe bet, though, to make another strong run at the state tourney, if not the gold ball itself.

For those of you who have seen them play, what is the problem? Is it simply the injuries? Are they not defending well? Do they not move the ball well on offense? Is it simply a matter of a tough early season schedule coupled with injuries and a possible distraction with the Dateline coverage? One thing I know for sure is that this performance is unlike Shelbyville.

Esby, you have been communicating too much with 85 and beginning to think like him. THEY have not made any excuses but on THEIR behalf, you don't think having injuries to two D1 players would have any impact on your team? You would have some more unbelievable team if it did not. I am sure the TV coverage has been a distraction, but more for the younger players I would think. The bottom line in Jackson Co. was that the guards just did not put the ball in the hole. I think MJ has a good legitimate team but I think Shelbyville will give them a much better game in the future. If I were a betting person, I sure would not want to count them out just yet. B)

Edited by flemtone