Jamont Gordon is the best in the state!

gomab2

Jamont is the best player in the State, period. Shawne Williams is right there, when he's eligible. Williams and Brewer may have a bit more upside with their size for college, but right now, Gordon is the best player in the state...

As for 2005, Gordon is far and away the #1 in the State, and a Top 10 player Nationally. Gordon is head and shoulders above Tyler Smith. Jamont Gordon is the real deal, period. The kid plays as hard as anyone in the state, can shoot, handle, has great vision, defends, is an unreal athlete, and I didn't see him even talk a bit of trash all game tonight, more or less show any other attitude flaws...

The kid has proven me wrong, and is my new #1 player in 2005 without any doubt...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got too see Jamont play again 2nite and he amazed me even more! He can score at will, thread a neddle with his passes, and as Sneed from Blackman knows, put you on poster if you get stupid and decided to jump with him. Blackman played a good game but Jamont took over at key times! I have got to say i am very impress with what i have seen so far in this tournament and will be back 2morrow to see him go up with Henry Harris. That will be a good game, DONT MISS IT!!!

Jamont Gordon needs to come to Memphis and play against a team like White Station that plays defense who specializes in shutting guys down and more importantly bringing fans egos down about their star players. White Station has shut down such stars as Julius Hodge, Sebastian Telfair, Shawne Williams. Not taking anything away from the numbers that Jamont Gordon is putting up, but guys like Jamont and Corey Brewer are playing aginst lesser competition. But one thing I can say about Gordon is he's a tremendous player and is doing what he's supposed to be doing.

I dont think theres any player or team in the state besides himself that can hold him to 15. If you hold Jamot to 15 thats shutting him down though I guess, but the rest of his team isint good enough to compete with a team like White Sation and he cant do it all by himself aginst a team that good.

UT/Vandy kind of like Giles/Marshall Co. in football. A rivalry by location, but not really a rivalry. Anyways, my question is why is Glencliff's head coach not doing something to get this kid better exposure. They're playing in the Father Ryan tourney. The scouts are there to see Brandon Wright and Gray off of Columbia (just joshin on that one).

Why not schedule some trips to play some REAL teams. Giles County's district is cupcake city. Same for region. They're making an effort at least to go out and play some good teams. (And it shows, they have 3 losses).

Back to the Marshall/Giles topic, if I were the new head coach at Giles County that would be my objective numero uno. To come in there and light a fire. No one on Giles County has EVER beaten Marshall Co. It's like they're scared of the jerseys. I'm thinking of playing this upcoming year, and I really do not wanna go out without a win over Marshall Co.