Jamont Gordon is the best in the state!

gomab2

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Eric Orr is a post player so I dont see the correlation between him and Jamont since Jamont is a shooting guard. Henry Harris is probably the name you were looking for.

Father Ryan got beat pretty good the first game and wont the second one with a buzzard beater and they host BA tonight so thats probably another loss.

Jamont is 6'5, and I like him the best at PG... his passing skills are amazing...

Jamont could start for UT right now at the 2, no joke... the kid could go anywhere...

If his grades aren't there, Prep School, top notch JUCO, or a Prop 48 at a Con-USA school (a la Dwayne Wade at Marquette), are in Jamont's outstanding future...

The kid is amazing, period!

Gomab, he is 6'3" tops. He is not going to grow anymore either. He is obviously very physically mature and weighs probably 210. Saying he is 6'5" is like Charles Barkley was 6'8" until the NBA found out he was 6'4". Grades are most definitely a stumbling block. He is doing better, but he did sit out the 2nd half of his freshman year. There is absolutely no denying his skills, but the emotional baggage is filling up the trunk. I truly hope he can get his act together. As for big time tournaments, those are usuallly invitation only. Jamont didn't get out much this past summer to build his rep. I'm sure they will get invited to plenty for next year.

Scooter went to Raleigh Egypt in Memphis TN. He always loved UT and I thought he would go there...when he was a sophomore he led the entire city in scoring at 30 points per game. I remember him always wearing UT stuff actually. He left Memphis because he was having differences with the coach. When he was there Wagner was there, and I guess he felt there were two sets of rules. Wagner would score 20 a game, but he also took 20 shots, and Cal is known for getting on his players pretty tough. Scooter just couldn't take it, from what I have heard and who wouldn't want to play at UT a school you wanted to go to, thats near home, and in the SEC.

"Why did Scooter go to Knoxville? Leaving Memphis for Knoxville is a idiotic move in my book. UT has absoluetly nothing going for it. Coach Calipari is doing a great job at recruiting and will always have a top-tier team."

I don't think you're very educated about the current state of UT hoops. Coach cal has lost more to Tennessee than he's won. I may be misunderstanding your statement. Care to be more specific?

I don't know your definition of a top-tier program, but in mine, Memphis isn't there. That would be Duke, Arizona, Kentucky, etc.

You certainly see Memphis through tiger blue colered glasses.

Edited by Tall Vol