Alcoa ranked 9th?

bigeaglefan

Not sure about the ranking, but I think it's a mistake to say that Alcoa's girls are "not very good." They're like 8 & 2 or something like that. They've got a win of South Doyle, who's a pretty good AAA team. They took William Blount down to the wire.

Kara Harris is one of the better guards in ET. The Fowler girl can shoot the lights out. The Anthony girl is a "hoss" inside. Sophomore Carmyn Rainer is one of the top sophomores in the state. Not sure about depth. They're awfully young, but they will be very competitive down the stretch in their classification I believe.

Maybe not a top 10 team, but definitely better than "not very good."

arnwine,

According to their schedule they have victories over: Knox Catholic, Sequoyah, Anderson Co., Lenoir City, Austin-East, Fulton, South Doyle, and Monterey. Their one lost is to Wm Blount. I saw them against vs Monterey and was not that impressed. They shot the ball well, but did not play what I would call team ball. Monterey did not have the speed and quickness to match up. They have been putting up some good numbers and could be better than what I am seeing. This week will give a better picture as their schedule says they play Maryville and Oak Ridge among others in the next week.

Interesting that we finally agree on something. Anyway, have a great 2004

papatj

I agree 100% the teams that Alcoa has beat are way down. I was not impressed with William Blount at all and they handled Alcoa. I think Oak Ridge could beat them by 50 if Jill wants to make a point.

Have you guys played Powell yet? They are the best team I've seen. My memory says you play Tuesday?

Also, did you not see the props I gave Azzi and Caldwell in the best ever post? I think Nikki will be a huge asset for Pat and I think Azzi is the best womens player our State has produced.

Jennifer Wilson was not in their class.

(We can't agree on everything!)

arnwine,

I agree about Alcoa. I don't see any reason for Jill to try and beat anyone by that margin. Sometimes things just happen, I don't think this year's team will be able to run it up on to many teams, unless they start shooting alot better.

Oak Ridge plays at Powell on Tues. following a home date with Cleveland. I saw Powell this morning against a weak West team. I agree once again. Powell has it all, plenty of size, shooters, good but not great guards that make good decisions, enough depth and now with their relatively new assistant coach, someone to give them direction. Should be a real struggle for Oak Ridge. Especially since Powell has been pointing towards this game for a full year. They prolly feel that they should have won 2 of the games last season.

No, I did not see the props for Azzi and Caldwell. But I agree with you. Nikki is the main reason behind the so called great recruiting class that UT had this year. You never know about recruiting for a couple of years. Azzi is prolly the best conditioned basketball player that I have ever seen. She can run all day.

I did not mean to say that Wilson was in their class. I was just listing some good OR players. I think she got the most out of her talent than just about anyone inthis area. I did not think she would be able to go to Chattanooga and play in the post as she did. A really great young lady as are Nikki and Jennifer.

Anyway, so much for what I know.

Well after seeing alcoa play tonight against maryville i can say that i agree with govman on a few things. they may not be top 10 in the state but they will compete with a lot of teams. And also, they dont make the schedule all they do is play the games and so far have done a pretty good job with a 9-2 record. Kara Harris proved to be on of the top guards in the state with another 20 pt game. shes a really really good player with loads of pontential. They have the team to advance pretty far given the district that they play in and them already beating AE whos gone to state the last 2 years. The lady tornadoes are a better than average team.