Vols stink up Peach Bowl again!

DeepBall

Let's look at Fulmer's winning % and the schedule for the last 4-5 yrs.

Eliminate wins against the weak teams and only count the "quality" opponents.

2000- eliminate wins against Louisiana-Monroe, KY,Vandy. They were 5-4 against the rest, including S. Carolina and Arkansas.

2001-eliminate wins against Memphis, KY, Vandy. They were 8-2 against the rest.

2002-eliminate wins against Wyoming,MTSU,Rutgers,Miss St,Vandy,Ky. They were 2-5 against remaing teams.

2003-eliminate Fresno St ( their qb was injured and didn't play), Duke, Miss St, Vandy, Ky. They were 5-3 vs remaining opponents.

So they were 20-14 against good and marginal competition. There were wins over teams that weren't very good such as wins over Bama in 2000 & 2003. Other teams not excluded: Southern Miss, Marshall, & S Carolina (losing record last 2 years). So some of the wins weren't over good football teams, give them the benefit of the doubt. So that record = a winning % of 58.8% vs marginal to good teams. Real impressive.

Tn has lost 4 out of the last 5 bowls and Fulmer is 6-6 in bowls.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and Kevb, before you blow a gasket, the difference between you and I, is I know what kind of team I have, good or bad.

I know what kind of team you have too...one that can't line up.

And before we start going around to take away "non-impressive" wins from Fulmer, lets look at how many "impressive" wins UK has during the last...let's say 11 years.

A 60-point win over UTEP in 02...that's pretty good.

27-9 over that juggernaut South Florida in 00...one of their two wins in that season.

45-14 over UConn in 99...would be impressive if it was against the Women's B-ball team.

52-7 over little brother EKU in 98...for shame for shame.

49-14 over NE Lousiana...who is always tough...in 97 avenging the 21-14 loss in 94....oooooooh UK lost to NE Louisiana???

And of course a 35-0 win over Kent...with out the ucky... in 93.

In that time...UK is in 3 bowl games and wins none...with that kind of success I can see why DeepBall is so big of a fan.

Now that I'm through with the sarcasm, UK's biggest win in the "Fulmer Era" (92-present) is over...it's a toss-up between Bama in 97 and LSU in 92-93 and 98-99. That's it????

Meanwhile, UT has beaten Florida State, Florida 4 times, Bama 8 times, Michigan, Ohio State and Miami.

End of discussion.