Dead-o-Winter 2004 Region 4-5A Picks

TDCman

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe fall break is correct but even if you played the same schedule every yr you could still have a conflict since those teams play different teams every yr sometims moving one helps you schedule another.

Playing lavergne first will be good for the gate since both teams are undefeated to start and anticipation is higher. This rivalry has been slowly fading over the past few yrs. it was at its height befroe lavergne won a few yrs ago. no smyrna team wanted to be the first to lose and every lavergne team wanteed to be the first to win. after lavergne won its almost like the intensity died. blackman is now probably as much of a rivalry to smyrna now.

As for schedules while I like the tough competitive schedule we have I would also like to play some east tennesse teams or west tennessee teams everey now and then.

Guest Oakland

i dont mind oakland playin a tough out of region team, but the schedule we have had since euverard was here is nuts! i sincerely hope that ferguson lightens the load next year and gives us a coupld of gimmes along with the traditional lincoln co game

Guest region4fan

Tdc, Face it folk know that Riverdale is traditionally strong. Not too many schools want to schedule a blow -out to themselves. The ones that are up and coming don't want to chance having their bubble burst by playing yall. So you will keep on having to play someone non-region who has to have a filler and is desperate, or someone who isn't scared to play yall like Lincoln County.

Hey guys. I've been kind of lying in the weeds, scanning the boards the last few weeks. I don't have a lot of time these days with tennis, so I'm somewhat behind as far as 4-5A is concerned.

I think Lebanon will be ok next year. The Devils are losing a lot at the skill positions with Darren, AJ, Devin, and Arkee graduating, but there are some guys capable of filling their shoes. The team has a lot coming back down in the trenches. This team may try to grind it out more next year, as opposed to the speed-burner style of '03.

I plan to make quite a few games next year. MTSU isn't that far away. There's just something about those Friday nights in the fall that I'll always miss.

Guest Oakland

man it just seems like oakland is a bustling with info. i just learned today that terrence mcfadden has been kicked off the team for violation of team policies, thats all i know for now.

Hey guys. I've been kind of lying in the weeds, scanning the boards the last few weeks. I don't have a lot of time these days with tennis, so I'm somewhat behind as far as 4-5A is concerned.

I think Lebanon will be ok next year. The Devils are losing a lot at the skill positions with Darren, AJ, Devin, and Arkee graduating, but there are some guys capable of filling their shoes. The team has a lot coming back down in the trenches. This team may try to grind it out more next year, as opposed to the speed-burner style of '03.

I plan to make quite a few games next year. MTSU isn't that far away. There's just something about those Friday nights in the fall that I'll always miss.

That last sentence would deserve a good mark 2 years ago!!! ;)

Thanks for the kind words. The guy you are talking about is Sergio Williams. He will be a senior next year. He got a lot of playing time at WR last year (#2). He has a lot of potential, if he can just hold on to the ball. He's a burner; he qualified second behind Coker from Antioch in the 100 m dash at the Vandy Great Eight thing. I expect him to step up next year and contribute, as long as his hands are ok.