Dead-o-Winter 2004 Region 4-5A Picks

TDCman

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Bhsol......................wow great to see you back online good buddy! I think Blackman will do well this year. Those sophs and freshmen got a lot of game time last year. I was impressed by several of them. We want to know if Alsup is firmly in the saddle.

Edited by region4fan

Good to see this thing coming to life. I'm not picking Siegel for a playoff spot yet but i definitely think they could pull a surpise or two.

We should get some insight during spring practices. I have a couple days off in May and I'm hoping I can catch a couple of practices/scrimmages.

Riverdale and Smyrna should be strong but there are a lot of questions after that. Lebanon should be good. I really hope to get a look at Blackman, Oakland, or Siegel to see what they look like. I expect Wilson Central to be about the same and I have no clue about Lavergne.

The South Rutherford High School won't go into land acquisition until 2006. Based on the counties current growth pattern Blackman will probably be more overcrowded than Riverdale by then. Both of those schools will likely be heavily affected by the new school as well as some of the others by a general rezoning to balance the attendance across the county. Geographically, a school is needed in the southeastern part of the county but I'm not sure where you get the 2,000 students from without rezoning the whole city. I'll wait until there are a few more details before I get too worried. Besides, I may be on the school board by then. ;)

Since we have representation from Siegel and Lebanon now can we get a quick run down of their prospects. I noticed o the lebanon roster that they had a kid that was like 6-9, 400 pounds. is that accurate?

I'm pulling for you SHSRTACKLE, the more people that are in the mix the better. Competition makes everyone better.

Look who's back, Look who's back--

Riverdale will be at the top, while the dawgs will be nawling on their Heels. Those will be the top two spots, no questions asked.

The Blaze and Devils will fill the next two spots, but one may get eat up by up and coming WC. Could be as early as week 2.

Wc and Oaktown will be competing for those spots as well.

Siegel is anothor year away and Lavernge will fall at the end. That's when they meet the beef of their schedule.

Thomas from Riverdale will be MVP. But Johnson will get all the press.

But be ware--Oaktown and WC are the one's that will make a splash.

SHS,

I'm hoping for Siegel to be in the mix. The more schools that are competitive the more fun it is to watch the season unfold. Siegel had a rough first year and they will be force in the future. I'm hoping they "arrive" this year but realistically expect it to take at least another year.

Of course, I'm still reserving the top spot for them warriors. ;)

Good luck....