Cougar Classic at Centennial

CougarWrestling

Congratulations to Centennial. They ran a good tournament. Impressed with Centennial team and how they came back to win the tournament! Great job Coach Nikazy. Smyrna made a good run at the title, and my hats off to their team also. I was surprised at the outcome of the finals at 112. The Bundy kid is on a mission! But watch out for Pair because he is very tough. Overall, great weekend of wrestling which I enjoy watching. Thanks for the entertainment.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They ran a good tournament if you forget about the weight classes they screwed up, especially 160. Clark Evans was sitting as the #3 seed, should have been #2, but after the tournament started they messed it up and put him down to something like 12 or 13. 160 wasn't the only weight class they messed up, i heard that they had problems with 189 also. There was very good wrestling there no doubt about that, but they did have problems with the brackets, after they said that it wouldn't change after Wednesday night.

Congratulations to Centennial.  They ran a good tournament.  Impressed with Centennial team and how they came back to win the tournament! Great job Coach Nikazy.  Smyrna made a good run at the title, and my hats off to their team also.  I was surprised at the outcome of the finals at 112.  The Bundy kid is on a mission!  But watch out for Pair because he is very tough.  Overall, great weekend of wrestling which I enjoy watching.  Thanks for the entertainment.

Amen to that and don't forget to watch our Inman at 215 now. Could be interesting. He loves the match up of his speed and strength to size.

Josh P., I believe it was you that predicted Smyrna #2 and you nearly missed that,,, but you were right as the dust settled. You and RMC can crunch those numbers!!

Soms

Edited by Sommers

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Hmmmmm……doe dee doe doe….i drove the lawnmower down to practice today…….hmmmm…… we got some new faces………. One can run faster than my lawnmower in fifth gear…… a few will be disappointed come November that they jumped ship and went down to that sewage facility……. You can bet the lawnmower on that. 
    • I don't know what's going on in the town of McMinnville, but I've read this and it's disturbing.  I'm a "player" person, and I want what's best for the player. If a player gets cut off the team because she said the "F word" then good grief. I mean, come on guys. I wish there was a way for the player to transfer to a different program and just play ball. There are a lot of athletes that are stuck because they're in crappy situations regarding their team/coach. This is player just happens to be one them.
    • Won't happen. College coaches will back the coach every time and it cost this young lady her senior season. Looks like the player may be right on this one. School let her  go after one season. This stuff happens more than you think. 
    • “No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team.” For language? I’m not seeing that as a dealbreaker. 
    • Why did the coach get rehired after she was let go as an assistant by the former Warren County coach and the current AD?? Is that accurate?? I am very familiar with situations like this. Suprised lawsuits haven't happend before. If the coach unfairly let the player go, I think she has a shot because it cost her a scholarship. No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team. Not going to happen. There are bad hires like this a bunch and kids are treated unfairly by coaches that can't coach a lick and have super long ropes somehow. Amazing how some of these coaches get hired and keep their job.