6'4'' sixth grader transfers to Jackson county

Sonja88

Watcher, you might be surprised how close we are. Put it this way, I watched the JC girls play their away game Tuesday night while my daughter watched the Globetrotters.

I know this much, Algoods not that far away, especially if you take the backroads! :blink: If there were ANY questions about Kasey's potential, i believe they were answered tonight, in a little over a half she had 12 blocks and about 8 points, in limited action against a VERY good Upperman Middle School team (Cornerstone) who if i'm correct had not lost a game this year or not many at all. The first time they played Cornerstone won by 21, this time JC wins by 2! Once Kasey entered the game, she totally shut down the inside scoring for Cornerstone, blocking most every shot that was put up in the paint, she did struggle a little bit but for the most part she dominated, blocking one shot all the way up in the cheap seats!! :lol: One of the best things that i have heard is how well she has adapted to the new school and environment and what a bright young lady she is in her school work as well. Oh by the way "trueline" i have watched your daughter play and she is very talented as well, from what i hear, her and Kasey will be AAU teammates, hope to see you next year!! :D

Edited by devilfanatic

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was impresed with her soft touch around the basket. She had a couple shots bounce around and fall in. If she continues to work hard the sky is the limit for this young lady. I was also glad to see her with some friends after the game, it must be hard to be that much taller than everyone your age, but it could be her meal ticket in the way future. :D

I have also seen your daughter play "truline" and she is very talented.

Edited by bob77

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that she would play for the best AAU team in the state. Are we talking about the Sports Shop from Shelbyville? I hear there is alot of interest in this age group at the "Shop" this year. Maybe two teams.

Did I hear that Coach Brown wants to start his own AAU team this year with this age group. If so, why would she play with SSS?

I understand she plays on the 7th-8th grade team, but has she played any with the 6th grade. Did she not play against Baxter(Cornerstone) sixth grade. If so how did she do?

Trueline and sidetrain,

Who do your daughters play for, I have noticed they are both in 12U AAU? Who is the best 12U AAu team in state? 11U SSShop did not get out of state last year either!! How are they gonna be so GREAT!!!! Are there new players or what? She does not need to play up(the big girl) to compete nationally!! Which is what you want out of AAU!!!

I understand she plays on the 7th-8th grade team, but has she played any with the 6th grade. Did she not play against Baxter(Cornerstone) sixth grade. If so how did she do?

She has not played against the Cornerstone 6th grade team as they have only played one time this year but they are suppose to play again in Feb. She has played against Cornerstones 8th grade team however, totally shutting down their inside game and helping JC beat them. Without her in the line-up Cornerstone won by 21 with her JC won by two.

Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that she would play for the best AAU team in the state. Are we talking about the Sports Shop from Shelbyville? I hear there is alot of interest in this age group at the "Shop" this year.

If you will read my earlier posts it states that she will play for SSS 13U this year, and i also corrected myself in reference to your comment "young" and said it would be ONE of the best. Like i said i know how people are on this website, they disect every sentence and try to make something out if that its not.

Edited by devilfanatic

Oh, I did not mean that, what I meant was on a competive AAU team it is best for the kid to play in thier own age group. I just was making a statement, not to do with your comment!! Sorry! I would like to know who the kids are that are playing for this group, it sounds interesting!!!

Oh, I did not mean that, what I meant was on a competive AAU team it is best for the kid to play in thier own age group. I just was making a statement, not to do with your comment!! Sorry! I would like to know who the kids are that are playing for this group, it sounds interesting!!!

Oh ok sorry i must have misunderstood myself. As for who is playing on the team, i know that her and another girl from Jackson County (Emily Mahaney) will be playing on it as will the girl from Algood. All three are very good players, and as for playing up or not playing up, believe me this girls needs to play up, she needs to play against bigger competition day in and day out to get better. She dominates everyone around here in the post, she needs to be challenged and have "her" shot blocked some if you know what i mean. This kind of competition is what makes you better, but i am sure you know that, you seem to be up on the AAU scene. I do agree that there are some very good teams in 12U but i think its more of a case of playing against stronger girls and bigger girls if that makes sense, however thats just speculation on my part, i have no inside on why she's playing up. just a guess! B)

Edited by devilfanatic

Trueline and sidetrain,

11U SSShop did not get out of state last year either!! How are they gonna be so GREAT!!!!

IF you had taken the time to read the post right, you would have read that last years 12 SSS didn't get out of their SUBSTATE, not their state. With the addition of this girl the 12's would be a lot better than last year. True, they didn't make it out of their STATE either, but if I remember correctly, their games where lost by only about a handful of points. But if she plays up, that is really great for her. Most want their girls to dominate because of height but if she learns all the aspect of her game, she will truly be an awesome player when she gets older. I personally can't wait to see her play, nor my daughter, which ever team she is on.