Union Co. ClassLess

mbrooks

It is obvious that several of these posts by the basketball "experts" were in fact not in attendance of this game. I was.

There was NO pressing in second half, starters were not in the game attempting to run it up, as to the cheerleaders and the expert with no ties to the area but just happened by to see a good game....well, I was not as lucky as them to be in the locker room or in the huddle at time outs to hear UC coach instructions.....I tend to thik they were not either......

if you were there early enough you might have noticed a JV boys game. Being the "expert" on doing the right thing I would assume you understand that if players play on both JV and varsity they are limited to six (6) quarters of play in one night....This means a coach has to be careful how and when he inserts the younger players...they must be spaced out as to not to go over the limit.

Also there was no mention of the WG coach telling his team to not attempt to score. They stopped playing in final minutes and held the ball. I have heard of this as unsportsmanlike depending on who is talking. When do instruct players to lay down?

Yes there were two times UC players attempted a steal in back court...but it was after WG layed down and quit playing......If I was a player who mostly watches and gets their chance to really get some minutes..I might feel the same way.

I recall Pat Head Summit being in same position a couple years ago....her response was only to say...at no time do I tell my players to lay down. they play till it is over....ahead or behind.....

By the way UC crossed 100 thanks to WG tech. foul shots, so one may want to post a thank you to their coach if it bothers folks so much....no tech fould and UC stays under 100.

You would think this never has happened before.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First and foremost I want to say that Coach Jesse's football coaching has nothing to do with the way he coaches BB. For a first year high school coach I think he has done a remarkable job with the boys. And for a classless act on his part, Seniors did not play the entire game especially the last quarter. I don't believe it was intentional to run the score up, they just wanted to reach 100 points and if West Greene had been in their situation there is no doubt that they would have done the same thing. And I understand that West Greene is a young team, but they should realize that Freshmen and Sophomores aren't going to beat a more experienced and improved Junior and Senior team. :)

1. UC fans tell me why the West Greene people are so upset with only UC? Do they just not like UC or what? Although I was not there it seems unreasonable to think that both the fans and coach were upset if UC was not doing what they said.

2. Football is relative to what is being said, because as Laduke said the coach is one and the same, and although he had little ability to exibit poor sportsmanship in football ( they were usually behind ) there were times that when he had a chance to do so he did.

3. hailmary03, who made you an authority on BB. Just because someone does not share your view they know nothing about BB. Excuse me but I've probably forgotton more about BB than you will ever know.

4. So the only logical Solution, lets do what ucfan1234 said and award the team with the first 15 point lead the victory. hehehehe

5. Somebody named D.J. said it was not wise to confront the coach. Something about a baseball bat was mentioned.

Edited by Patriotbballer

patriotbballer - first of all are you from union county and if you are what is your name i have asked you this once and you did not comment this just tells me that you are chicken i am just wondering y you are saying all of this when you know none of it is true and you need to start telling the truth and quit trying to talk about football it has nothing to do with this

I don't usually reply to insignificant posts such as yours. If it eases your mind any I'm from UC, but this is a free country and as you can see everyone does not share your views. I've already answered most of what you asked see #2 and #5 above, and if you can comprehend and read between the lines (doubtful) you will know. By the way, I can't remember seeing your name anywhere. If anybody want's to see how much class you have they only have to read your post on union county slaughters west greene to see how elated you were on scoring 100 points on a young overmatched WG team. You also should not count your chickens before they hatch telling all of victories over anderson, G-P, and P-F, before the games are played. This in itself shows you know very little about sports and only gives fodder to opposing teams bullitin boards. As far as UC gaining the respect you spoke of they will if they continue to win, and act like they have won before, but not by running up the score on a weak WG team.

Also I have talked to several UC fans and parents that were at the game that don't post on this board and they were somewhat embarassed by the way the end of the game was conducted and supported mbrooks version of what transpired. But I guess they were just lying, or maybe have something against coach jessie.

Edited by Patriotbballer

Well you should know me i came to most all BB games last year, and though i don't follow football as much i saw a couple of games. IF i swing by school tomorrow will you get me that autograph, i am just about out of toilet paper. I don't like jessie because of the way he treated D.J. and he has done other players the same way after they have played for him he has no use for them, or if they said anything against him they were left off post season all-star teams despite how good of year they had.

I only make a few posts, hardly an obsession, but if you want to talk about obsession aben589934 you fit the bill. anytime anyone states their opinion about jessie you are johnny on the spot. what's it to you are you his spokesperson, they are'nt talking about you, but you got to defend, whether it be relaxed1, laduke, mbrooks, seinfield, big daddy, grandpa, 1uk1vol, bulldog15, football4life, footballfan007, gloryseeker, godsavedcass, mvp04, or wneely, just to name a few. just go back through the archives and you will see many more i've left out i'm sure. are all these people wrong or do they just not like jessie, and if they don't why, if he is as good as you would lead one to think so talk about obsession if you want but you have defended his actions to all of these posters who were stating their opinion in which your name wasn't mentioned. so you're either obsessed, or you owe him something fierce. which is it? last time i looked 13 posts for me over 60 for you, so who has an obsession?