Union Co. ClassLess

mbrooks

Union Co. played a "classless" game on 1-6-2004. They were playing senior starters against freshman reserves in the forth quarter fouling to get the ball back and full court pressing them too! just to get 100 points. This is a Classless act, the team is classless from the coach to the water boy, this may not be the all team members fault, but it is they way they are being taught. Now, with this being posted the entire state knows the coach of the Union Co. team is CLASSLESS and I hope he reads or hears of this posting. After he reads or hears of this I hope he remembers that he is an educator and should conduct himself as one!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have not won anything in so long they don't know how. However, if you can't take the heat......A coach told me once that two things will happen to a team that gets beat this bad. They either get better or quit.

I hope they get better. To the freshmen group that was pressed by Union Co., I hope you come back and show Union Co. how to win with class in a few years.

Well they did not have seniors in just to foul after the second half they only had a maximum of 2 seniors in and that was just for pratice. if we had no class we could have had 130 points if we wanted, and there coach needs to calm down becouse he got a technical called on him i think you all are over reacting and you are just mad becouse we beat you

Well, mbrooks you might be a smart guy if you knew what you were talking about. Coach Jessie played the starters a quarter and a half in the first half and the first four minutes in the 3rd quarter. The only senior that played was a kid who was playing in his first game this year and coach was just trying to get him some minutes. We never pressed in the second half, although at times we played a token full court man to man. In the locker room, Coach stated that he had been on both ends before and to show respect and class throughout the game. You are right he is an educator and he was teaching what was right in life. As for the waterboy, thanks I know I look like I was our manager. And directly for Relaxed1, you haven't ever had a single kind word for anything dealing with athletics at UC. If you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at all. You more than anyone should know our basketball program has struggled in recent years, but we are 6-3 this year and in the hunt for the district. Before, you make anymore comments come watch one of our games! The only class not shown last night was from West Greene, but have they ever had any?

Well I don't think anyone would expect you to criticize your uncle Brian A. J. and I did not attend the game, but if it did happen it is not the fault of the players, but a reflection of the head coach. Coach Jessie has never been accused of having a lot of class by most observers and if little West Greene were not in the same district they might do the same thing class 1A Cosby did after the 63-7 slaughter in football and not renew their contract. And yes you were still in the game against Cosby in the fourth quarter I was there. Maybe he was trying to get back at the Buffaloes for the Patriots inability to beat them in Football. What is West Greene in football 1A or 2A?

And lets not forget the Rutledge UC football game a couple of years back. Rutledge up 40 points in the game in the third quarter inserted their reserves mostly Freshman. Coach Jessie left his starters in the entire game the Patriots scored 20 points in the fourth quarter you got your 200 yards passing, but in the process several Pioneer Freshman were injured playing against bigger stronger UC Senior players. I will never forget a Rutledge coach blasting coach Jessie on the post game show on the way home for this classless act.

If you really want to talk about CLASSLESS go back to the Halls Union County girls game a few years back. I believe the UC girls coach was the now Athletic Director at UC. To make a long story short Halls was up about 30 points at halftime and the Halls coach tried to keep the score respectable and inserted his reserves the second half. It seems one had played three quarters in the J.V. game and in playing her in two quarters in the varsity game, a game that Halls won by over 30 points, she went over the TSSAA rule of quarters in a night. UC'S coach then reported the Halls coach to the TSSAA and Halls had to forfeit the game, giving the UC girls team their only win of the season. Anything for a win I guess should be the motto. Needless to say I don't think Halls renewed their contract either, and that is a shame because they should be a rival being so close in proximity to UC.

Remember what goes around comes around, and long after the game is over and you have forgotten the score you will still remember the class that was displayed.

Aben,

As soon as the adults in UC adminatration and coaches do something positive I will give them credit. I don't want to argue with a kid. Tell ucpatriot to come back and we can pick up a conversation. Union County has been making bad decisions in athletics long before you were in high school so don't take personal. By the way I have seen you play twice this year, you have an above adverage team for UC. But you also had better players on the football squad and still posted a two win season. I hope you do better in basketball, I think that the coach will do some what better. Since he has some background in the sport.

AJ I know Coach Jessie is your uncle and may make a good BB coach it remains to be seen. But you have to know why he was hired as the football coach? The shame in it is that you were going to play regardless and play QB you were the best at the time. They could have made a great hire for the team. But I guess they wanted to make sure. You are old enough to know this. Best of luck with basketball. I hope you do well, but most all the post are correct in what they say, don't let it get under your skin. It is not something that you control. Have fun with high school.

Patriotbballer,

Just to clarify what you said about the Cosby game, I was in until the fourth quarter but we never through a pass and didn't have a true backup. Coach played Patrick Oxley at running back. I mean come on what more can you do besides play a first year 145 lb wide reciever at RB. I don't have to explain myself here. This is more than just about UC you have an obsession with the downfall of a coach. Yea you can argue about football. I am more DISAPPOINTED than anyone on how my career ended here. I would trade a winning season for ANYTHING. But let the basketball season speak for itself, just like football did. We are winning and until that changes be positive!

No, just stating the facts. Are you talking about the Oxley kid that was a senior and most likely the fastest player on the team. He should have played RB anyway since you had no speed in the backfield to run wide anyway. And just why did you not have a backup? Is this sound coaching? What if you were injured? Would Coach Jessie play QB himself? Regardless I don't mean to sound argumenative, but if what mbrooks said was true it is in very poor taste and does not bode well for UC.

I also am more upset with the administration than with any coach. I can't blame him for taking the job and doing what's right in his mind, but wonder just how he became so knowledgeable in all these sports.

As for the other things posted these things happened, in both the girls case and the Rutledge game, and it is either poor sportsmanship or inexperience and imaturity of the coaches.

Maybe Jessie will have more sucess at BB than FB. Good Luck, and I can't speak for the other posters here but my posts are not intended to demean any player.

Patriotbballer you need to quit talking about fb and the past this is about bb. I think every one that is bad mouthing coach Jessie should come watch them play the coach is doing a great job and you should not blame him for wining or playing no starters in the fourth quarter and still beating west greene that bad that just shows that our school has great potential and this is not a post about coach jessie so lets talk about the ball team

Edited by PATRIOTFAN45