Weekly Carter County Top 5

coachh17

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"# 5 cyclones in carter co."

Dude, it's basically just an opinion right now...and obviously you're the only one who thinks Elizabethton is anything less than first. Do you REALLY think that bothers us? Ummm......here's a hint.....

NO! ;)

Whoever said that the players had no control over their schedule is absolutely correct. Most of the players know nothing about a game wanting to be played, and even if they did, it wouldn't matter anyway. And what member of the EHS staff exactly said no to this game?

Haha, countin' down the days until Feb. 3.....

And what member of the EHS staff exactly said no to this game?

That would be Coach Wilson.

:D Good one, brutus.

Unaka has the most depth and talent in our area. They will go deep into tournament play, provided they continue to share the ball.

But just a few words about Hampton: I saw them a few times last season; I've seen them this season, and will be watching them Friday.

Rest assured: With coach Campbell in her second season the Bulldogs are a vastly improved team. They will be heard from come tournament time.... why? Because they're buying into Coach Campbell's team-first approach.

Expect the Bulldogs to continue to improve. They're a threat.

KrichUnaka, I'll agree with everything in your post except the depth issue. First you need to define the area you are discussing. If it is East Tennessee, Boone and perhaps Tn. High are the deepest teams(AAA advantage). If it is Carter County, I think Elizabethton has the most depth. Unaka has great depth for a single A team, but in tough games really only goes 7 deep, 8 in a pinch, 9 is a stretch. Cyclones go 9 deep legit and even 10 or 11 in certain situations. Debatable yes, no disrespect intended, just my opinion.

KrichUnaka, I'll agree with everything in your post except the depth issue. First you need to define the area you are discussing. If it is East Tennessee, Boone and perhaps Tn. High are the deepest teams(AAA advantage). If it is Carter County, I think Elizabethton has the most depth. Unaka has great depth for a single A team, but in tough games really only goes 7 deep, 8 in a pinch, 9 is a stretch. Cyclones go 9 deep legit and even 10 or 11 in certain situations. Debatable yes, no disrespect intended, just my opinion.

Good post, and nothing you stated was at all disrespectful.

Unaka is Single A; and my reference to their ability to advance was limited to that level of play.

They do, for the most part, go 8 deep: Megan Johnson, Tiffany Babb and Lacy Gouge are all productive either starting or off the bench. Kelly Allen and Logan Wagonseller seem to be getting more minutes lately; and I think both Sallee Taylor and Erica Wilson, now freshmen, will star.

Come tournament time, however, you never know. But eight, nine deep, that's pretty impressive. But more importantly: Of those eight, three of them are capable at three positions. Gouge can play two, three or four; while Townsend can play from point to number four. That's very significant when depth and rotation are the factors.

Krich, not to stick my nose in this, but the cyclones also have players that can play multiple positons. I would assume that Coachh17 was referring to the four seniors, two of the juniors, two sophomores and one freshman in his nine deep. Numbers 10 and 11 would be freshmen who are probably playing more significant minutes than any of the Unaka freshmen at this point.

Of the nine so called legit's: Baughman,(Jr) can play inside or outside and usually does in every game. Can play point, wing or post, and excel. Redd (Jr) can play inside or out, but usually plays wing, although she has been playing some point guard lately. Either of these players can take over a game.

Dykes (Sr) can play either wing postion (2 or 3); Forbes (Sr) can play post or wing (3,4,or 5), although she gets most time at four or five; Kauffeld (Sr) can play either wing (2 or 3); Bishop(Sr) is a true point guard; The sophomores can play multiple positions. Crapps can and does play point and two guard; Treadway can play post or wing ( 4 or 3) and usually does in every game; The freshman Pietrowski is a true center (5); The numbers 10 and 11 I assume would be freshmen Hopson and Bush. Bush plays post and Hopson can play inside or out, but gets most of her varsity time at wing. Norris(Jr) can play either wing and has improved her game this year. The cyclones are a deep talented team with a lot of youth, and more coming. The JV has three talented freshmen (Gouge, Smith and Crockett) and the eighth grade team at TAD is deep and talented as well.

Excellent post CC, I agree with every word. The Cyclones have a lot of older talent, but their younger players are often underrated. The two sophomores and freshmen see quality playing time every game. Also correct, both TAD teams are very talented. The Lady Cyclones have a VERY bright and hopeful future.

Next on the list: Johnson County

Thoughts or predictions?