New Soddy-Daisy Coach

DeepBall

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose Weathers will be up to his old tricks again of recruiting inner-city kids to come to SD to play football just like he did when he was @ RB. SD is a longer drive but I am sure he will make arrangements. Don't get me wrong SD has some tallanted athletes and great kids but Weathers does not always go for that.

Good luck to the SD footbal program in seasons to come.

I suppose Weathers will be up to his old tricks again of recruiting inner-city kids to come to SD to play football just like he did when he was @ RB. SD is a longer drive but I am sure he will make arrangements. Don't get me wrong SD has some tallanted athletes and great kids but Weathers does not always go for that.

tallanted athletes and great kids but Weathers does not always go for that.

Either you were one of those mentioned above or he didn't hand pick you. Don't cry over spilled milk.

tallanted athletes and great kids but Weathers does not always go for that.

Either you were one of those mentioned above or he didn't hand pick you. Don't cry over spilled milk.

Easy Bill#49, it is widely known that many players ended up at Red Bank from other parts of town. In my opinion, nothing is wrong with that. Weathers is an excellent coach (and recruiter) and he will do a great job leading Soddy to its tradiotion 4th place finish in a very tough Region 2AAAAA. B)

So it is true he did hand pick athletes from other schools.

And Bill#49 it sounds as if you might have played for coach Weathers @ RB maybe even @ QB.

And for me I would not have played for him even if he and Bill Price were the only two coaches left to coach football in this area. By the way Bill#49 I have forgot more about football in one week than you will come to realize in a lifetime. I was an all-state selection in high school and all-american in college when I lived in Florida.

I wish coach Weathers and his staff good luck and we will see you along the way.

Edited by TribeFan

So it is true he did hand pick athletes from other schools.

And Bill#49 it sounds as if you might have played for coach Weathers @ RB maybe even @ QB.

And for me I would not have played for him even if he and Bill Price were the only two coaches left to coach football in this area. By the way Bill#49 I have forgot more about football in one week than you will come to realize in a lifetime. I was an all-state selection in high school and all-american in college when I lived in Florida.

I wish coach Weathers and his staff good luck and we will see you along the way.

By the way Bill#49 I have forgot more about football in one week than you will come to realize in a lifetime. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR COACHING

I was an all-state selection in high school and all-american in college when I lived in Florida. AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR PLAYING ABILITY

we will see you along the way. HOPEFULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Deepball, I guess as a true SD fan ( since the late 50's BTW and I dont think you or anyone else on here can match that ) I have to accept the fact that Weathers will be the coach. From The late great Harland Burnett to Tom Weathers, I have been there and will continue, even if I dont like what goes on. I even suffered thru the 80's when the total wins were the same as one year of the 90's. Yes, I will still support the program no matter what. But a mistake was made and you will agree that Scott Smith should have been given the chance.

I agree with you, Mr SD. Coach Smith should have been given the chance. I think the defense has won most of the games in recent years. Now what will Scott Smith do now? I know that Weathers is bringing 2 coaches with him. Not sure what positions they will have. I'm sure Coach Smith has other possibilities in the works. Selfishly, I hope he stays, but he deserves his own team.

From an outsiders point of view it seems there was a bit of underhanding going on in this selection process. As I have been told coach Weathers played college ball with the current principal and they have been long time friends. It appears coach Smith got the shaft on this deal.

Was there not a search committee formed to interview possible candidates? Any time you let one person do the entire process of hiring an employee it can cause problems.

At McMinn County last year there was a committee formed consisting of 1 student, 1 faculty rep., 1 assistant principal, 1 school board member, 1 booster club member, 1 current member of the team and 1 rep. of the community and of course the principal of the school. This committee narrowed the list of candidates down to the top three and then it was in the principals hands to choose from. I don't know how it was done @ SD but this format seemed to work well @ McMinn and there was no politics involved.