Worst Student Sections

seniorcat2004

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man. Brentwood Academy without a doubt. Like 100 people standing and you couldn't hear a word they were saying. We'll put them in their place for sure on the 27th. Let's see how many they have when they make the trip to P-Town.

I thought the Brentwood fans did ok. Most of the student guys I am sure were not yelling that much because of the cute blonde in the stands with them.

When Smith and Morris missed the alley oop their cheer of Fun-da-men-tals was pretty funny and original as was their Rick Pi-Ti-No cheer.

Don't go patting the GCHS crew on the back to much, you are not that original and half the time you can't even make out what you are saying.

Were there any Giles County students there? I didn't notice.

Seriously, I expected more than 20 or so to show up. I was surprised. As Pulaskivols said, nobody could understand anything you were yelling. Really, I tried, but it was unintelligible. I'd say you need some leadership in that group.

Edited by itzme

Were there any Giles County students there? I didn't notice.

Seriously, I expected more than 20 or so to show up. I was surprised.

I would think that on a school night the trip to Belmont which is over 1 hour away and in a pretty populated part of the city might have had something to do with that. The best thing I thought about the game being in Nashville with two great talents is that a lot of past lettermen for GCHS showed up. I am sure some of the guys that made the trip that played with Billy Smith vs Coach Billy Holt back in the 70's had a big time. There were also many players from the 80's that played on some great teams in 85,86,87 to show up.

The worst student section that I have seen during my high school career was the Loretto crowd last night. I am talking about the crown in general, not individual people. I'm not trying to put down anyone because I have many friends from Loretto, but they did not support their teams at all. During the girls game only half the crowd stood up just to applaud one basket. When the guys game started their crowd started to dwindle & by half time their crowd was mostly parents & other family members. Although I do have to hand it to the guy who walked in front of the Lawrence County crowd w/the Loretto jacket on, but he looked like he was the only one who supported them. Loretto fans get on here & say that they support their teams but that is not what I saw last night. If u want to see support come see the Lawrence County crowd. We cheered throughout the girls game even though we were losing the whole game. At least we didn't just get up & leave.