Best High School Wrestler

kdgibson1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan Leen. The facts: Leen has wrestled Kyle James 5 times in their high school career, winning all 5. Jack Silberman was one of the top kids in the state last year and handed Leen 1 of his only 3 high school defeats in his career. Leen went on to defeat Silberman 5 times afterward. Leen jumped up to defeat state champion Bird, East Ridge last year on his way to another undefeated season. Yes, this year in the first match of the season, a very tough John Lane ended a 114 match winning streak for Leen, however Jordan avenged the loss in fine fashion with a dominant decision 2 weeks ago. Another fairly good sign of who the top wrestlers are are the numbers of scholarships offered from D-I schools. Jordan took the maximum 5 visits in the fall to quality programs accross the country and decided to continue his career at Cornell (currently ranked in the Top Ten in the nation). There are lots of quality kids in the state this year, but make no mistake who the best one is. Jordan Leen

When was his last match with Gibson? Sounds like a bias arguement. It's hard to choose who the best wrestler is between Gibson and Leen, but Gibson is definately the most dominant. Here's a little info on Gibson--

Tennessee 2001 runner-up, 2002 State Champion, 2003 State Champion

160 lb. AAU All World event Champion in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in April, 2003

2 Time State Champion

*2003 Voted Outstanding Wrestler

1 Time State Runner up

2003 1st @Tulsa World Folk Style, Tulsa OK

2003 6th @ 171 lbs, @ AAU Ironman World Champion, Knoxville TN

3 Time Regional Champion

2 Time Bradley Invitational Champion, 3 time placer, Cleveland TN

2 Time Huntsville Invitational Champion, 3 time placer, Huntsville, AL

Fr. Record 40-4 @152

So. Record 41-1 @160

Jr. Record 41-0 @160 Undefeated

Career: 122-5 Ranked 8th in W.I.N. Magazine

Edited by best_of_the_west

Jordan Leen. The facts: Leen has wrestled Kyle James 5 times in their high school career, winning all 5. Jack Silberman was one of the top kids in the state last year and handed Leen 1 of his only 3 high school defeats in his career. Leen went on to defeat Silberman 5 times afterward. Leen jumped up to defeat state champion Bird, East Ridge last year on his way to another undefeated season. Yes, this year in the first match of the season, a very tough John Lane ended a 114 match winning streak for Leen, however Jordan avenged the loss in fine fashion with a dominant decision 2 weeks ago. Another fairly good sign of who the top wrestlers are are the numbers of scholarships offered from D-I schools. Jordan took the maximum 5 visits in the fall to quality programs accross the country and decided to continue his career at Cornell (currently ranked in the Top Ten in the nation). There are lots of quality kids in the state this year, but make no mistake who the best one is. Jordan Leen

Kyle James has probably traveled and gone far and wide to meet the toughest competition in America. To me it's between James and Gibson. Leen is very tough and may be in the top three, but I wonder who would win the best two out of three vith Leen vs. Lane.

soms