Soddy Daisy Invitational

irishdad

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Soddy Daisy Invitational will take place at the Soddy Daisy Wrestling Arena, not at the High School. This tournament is a no break run straight through as fast as you can tournament. We will Wrestle the Finals before Consolations to save time. We try to be a FAN Friendly Tournament! Wrestling Parents and Fans are the ones that have to sit in a gym for hours and hours weekend after weekend. They pay enormous prices to watch their favorite teams compete. We try and make this a tournament that will give great competition and get done early enough that people from out of town can get home safely and at a decent time! Our belief is that it is all practice till Febuary anyway, so why spend so much time on a parade of champions and all that stuff. I will try and keep you posted or have someone do it for me. Thanks for your interest.

Steve Henry

The Soddy Daisy Invitational will take place at the Soddy Daisy Wrestling Arena, not at the High School. This tournament is a no break run straight through as fast as you can tournament. We will Wrestle the Finals before Consolations to save time. We try to be a FAN Friendly Tournament! Wrestling Parents and Fans are the ones that have to sit in a gym for hours and hours weekend after weekend. They pay enormous prices to watch their favorite teams compete. We try and make this a tournament that will give great competition and get done early enough that people from out of town can get home safely and at a decent time! Our belief is that it is all practice till Febuary anyway, so why spend so much time on a parade of champions and all that stuff. I will try and keep you posted or have someone do it for me. Thanks for your interest.

Steve Henry

Could you please give an address of this facilty so I can map it for our folks???

I can help with directions for out of town folks. It's actually easy to find.

You Middle Tennessee folks will of course be coming down I24.

About 1 mile after 24 winds around the river, just outside of downtown Chatt, you need to be in the right hand lane to get on 27 North (Downtow Chatt exit).

IF you keep going you'll swing around the city and hit I75, so dont do that.

You'll stay on 27 North (aka Corridor J) for about 15 miles. After you cross the river, the exits will be something like, whitehall rd / Signal Mtn / Morrison Springs Rd/ Mtn Creek/ Hwy 153 (chickamauga dam) / Thrasher pike / dont remember name of rd / Sequoya Access Rd (SD HIgh School--there should be signs.) This is your exit. Don't go left at the stop sign, that takes you to the school.

Go right instead. After about 3/4 of a mile, at the intersection, you want to take a right.

The Wrestling Arena is about 2 miles ahead on your right. You won't be able to miss it. It sits on a hill and should be visible from the road, and there will be signs I imagine.

I can help with directions for out of town folks. It's actually easy to find.

You Middle Tennessee folks will of course be coming down I24.

About 1 mile after 24 winds around the river, just outside of downtown Chatt, you need to be in the right hand lane to get on 27 North (Downtow Chatt exit).

IF you keep going you'll swing around the city and hit I75, so dont do that.

You'll stay on 27 North (aka Corridor J) for about 15 miles. After you cross the river, the exits will be something like, whitehall rd / Signal Mtn / Morrison Springs Rd/ Mtn Creek/ Hwy 153 (chickamauga dam) / Thrasher pike / dont remember name of rd / Sequoya Access Rd (SD HIgh School--there should be signs.) This is your exit. Don't go left at the stop sign, that takes you to the school.

Go right instead. After about 3/4 of a mile, at the intersection, you want to take a right.

The Wrestling Arena is about 2 miles ahead on your right. You won't be able to miss it. It sits on a hill and should be visible from the road, and there will be signs I imagine.

Thanks silent john cya saturday... <_<

I think these may be a little easier directions for you! You will be coming in on

I-24 take I-27 North and go through downtown Chattanooga.

Stay on 27 till you come to the 2nd Soddy Daisy Exit (Soddy Daisy/Old Hixson Pke)

Turn left and go to the Flashing Red Light

Turn left and go to the top of the hill

Wrestling Arena is on your left

*If you have any trouble the # for the Arena is (423) 332-8839

Steve Henry