MACON CO BASKETBALL

TIGERPRIDE MC

big chief i'm going to have to agree, a parent should never allow a player to quit once they have started something. Just b/c things don't go as expected, times get tough, coaches get on me, we keep getting drilled and embarassed. Sounds like a bunch of cowards to me. But in my opinion, being a quitter and a coward is the same thing, in basketball and life. if you quit in sports, you'll end up being a quitter in life.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i see everyones point in here. stinson is going to play ball again next year. He will be one of the best in his class, and i am sure he will get a scholarship to a good college. He has the potential to be a great basketball player. Before you start calling everyone a quitter you should take there place and see how it is.

thats all i am saying. Well i am out hope i didn't ###### everyone off in here. later

Why would he quit and then come back next year. Sounds like he's the biggest coward of them all (unless the rest of them plan on doing the same thing). you don't just quit and let your team down just because your doing bad and then come back the next year(what if they are worse next year.)I just hope the coach doesn't let him play next year and maybe that will teach him a lesson(maybe the coach won't let him back on the team at all).

Stinsonsupposedly has a problem with the coach, so says he will play at MC next year if there is a new coach. If not i think he may try to go somewhere else. Stinson is a good player, but doesn't have good college potential. He can dribble, but i've seen a light pole play better defense. I don't know the kid personally, but I've seen a different attitude on the court since he's been gone. The kids that are left are putting out much more effort! Will Coach Brown be back next year? I can't answer that. He was getting disgusted with the team, about lack of effort. However i'm sure that has changed now since the Portland game. As long as the kids are willing to work and play hard he'll be ready to coach. The kids complain about him making them work so hard, but the bottom line is he wants to get better and win and in district 8AA you've got to work hard or you will get beat. Good Luck to all the remaining tigers the rest of the year, and keep playing with the same heart and intensity that you have the past couple of games!

Well stated Topperman and Big Chief. And may I also add that unless a kid quits because of a family problem or emergency as such, he / she would not play ball for me ever again! Quitting because you are loosing or upset over playing time means you are a quitter and nobody wants to depend on a quitter, much less be around one!!

He won't be at Allen Co. next year. When he was in grade school he was at Allen Co. but left because he wasn't getting to play, largely because of his attitude and then he went to Monroe Co. and didn't get to play in large part again because of his attitude (real shocker there). The best thing he was to just stay here at MC, actually want to play defense, and work hard and don't worry because the coach wants him to play hard all the time. Now I'm afraid that the word is out on him now and no coach will want him. Off the court he really isn't a bad kid at all. He is easy to get along with. But on the court its just a whole other story and I'm afraid there isn't any straightening him out.