new AAA poll

90warrior

Sev CO just toys with people. I remeber them making OR look human last year during the Region tourn. They let you hang around for awhile, then slap the press on you until they are comfortable again.

Powell Has to prove it can win big games on the road, and will get that chance on the 30th at OR, but the tues before that have to travel to Camp Co.

As for Prudden giving Micheal respect they Pressed Powell with Micheal in the game at Powell, but I must say her and Rhynes play has been a pleasant syrprise foer that team.

bottom line Sev Co is in a league of their own in this area, and everyone else is playing catch up

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

carmelcuddlypie,this is my first poll in almost a month.i'll admit that my main knowledge is middle and east tn. teams.oh heck,i just threw bolton in there just to make you west tn. people happy.now,with that said,west tn. AAA teams have never really proved themselves.sure they come in to the state tournament with all kinds of hipe and undefeated records and they almost always get put out in the first round by about 40 points.so until yau'll come and take home the gold ball u prolly want get much respect.

Thanks for responding, 90sWarrior. With that post, I don't hold you responsible for any mistakes or omissions in your dumb little polls. That post told me everything I need to know about the person who wrote the poll and I'll just ignore your polls from now on and consider the source. You have absolutely no knowledge (or credibility now for that matter) about Tennessee girls basketball. None whatsoever. Had you gone to the state tournament last year and the year before, you would have known that East lost by 2 to an Oak Ridge team that beat the year before and that Melrose only lost by 3 or 5. Plus, Ridgeway beat Oliver Springs year before last as well. You reference the 90s by saying that the blowouts occurred then, but 1) we are not living in the 90s and 2) Memphis Hamilton had 2 or 3 appearances where they made it to the championship game, beating several top teams along the way.

Before you claim to know about girls basketball in this state in the past and present, either do some research OR actually attend a state championship.

See you in Murfreesboro!! (or as you would say, "PROLLY NOT!) :lol:

Thanks for responding, 90sWarrior. With that post, I don't hold you responsible for any mistakes or omissions in your dumb little polls. That post told me everything I need to know about the person who wrote the poll and I'll just ignore your polls from now on and consider the source. You have absolutely no knowledge (or credibility now for that matter) about Tennessee girls basketball. None whatsoever. Had you gone to the state tournament last year and the year before, you would have known that East lost by 2 to an Oak Ridge team that beat the year before and that Melrose only lost by 3 or 5. Plus, Ridgeway beat Oliver Springs year before last as well. You reference the 90s by saying that the blowouts occurred then, but 1) we are not living in the 90s and 2) Memphis Hamilton had 2 or 3 appearances where they made it to the championship game, beating several top teams along the way.

Before you claim to know about girls basketball in this state in the past and present, either do some research OR actually attend a state championship.

See you in Murfreesboro!! (or as you would say, "PROLLY NOT!) :unsure:

Hamilton made it to the finals once in the 90's and lost by 25 points according to my recollection.

I believe Powell is going to sneak up on some of you that are doubting...the whole team is playing great...Ogan is probably one of the top juniors in the nation and Hollifield is right up there with the top freshmen in the nation. From what I've seen they've really got this playing as a TEAM thing down pretty well. Powell will be at State, just be ready for them!

Hamilton lost in 2000 to Shelbyville 65-43 and in 1998 to Lawrence County 72-47 in the AAA championship games. The last West Tennessee team to win a AAA championship was Jackson Cetral Merry in '96. The last Memphis team to win one was Melrose in '85. People can argue all they want but the level of girls basketball played in East and Middle Tennessee is much better than West Tennessee.

I believe Powell should be ranked high. I truely believe Powell can beat Sevier County. Powell has 4 girls 5'10" or taller (and all are great players) and quick guards.

Terra Michael/guard is quick as a cat. The past 2 years Coach Prudent from Oak Ridge showed her respect. She would press Powell when Terra wasn't in the game and would be successful. However when Terra returned to the game, 9 out of 10 times Prudent would stop the press.

Erin Ogan has stepped up here game since the Greeneville Thanksgiving tourney. The freshman, Caitlin Hollifield received the MVP award for the tourney. I believe Erin decided if she wanted to be the star of the team, she better improve her game, which she has. Erin has been dynamic since the Thanksgiving tourney.

Christen Rhyne's game has also improved over the last 3 weeks.

If Powell plays Sevier County in the year end tourney, Terra Michael will be a key factor for their success in beating Sevier County.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, to bad yours is innaccurate. The fact is sevier co is the best of the best until proven otherwise, no matter what anybody else says. And of your referring to the greeneville bank ladies classic tina broyhill was the mvp of the tourney not your girl from powell. And yes powell should be ranked high, but no they cant and wont beat sevier co. Have you seen there strentgh of schedule 86th out of 110 schools, possibly a reason for all there success? I think so, also sevier co is 15th out of 110, that means there are only 14 other teams in the state that have a harder schedule than they do and they are 20-0, i think sevier co is just a little better. Sevier co may not have height but they can shoot the lights out, even the post can shoot from downtown. And as far as speed goes they probably match up pretty well, but whitney flemming is just about the fastest little white girl in these parts, and anyone who has seen them play can back me up. Anyway, i cant wait for this mathup it'll be on espn classic. Though i'm not taking anything away from powell so don't get your panties in a bunch, but the facts are the facts.

Come on Baseline, "Sev. Co. just toys with people". You bear fans go over the top sometimes. If they just "toy" with people then why have they won 7 games by less than 10 points. Did they just toy with Maryville (won by 3)? Did they just toy with Greenville (won by 2)? How about Heritage (won by 4)? Nobody doubts that you have a great team, and program, but you don't make yourself sound any better by putting others down (like the teams you've played) with revisionist boasts like those.

Sev CO just toys with people. I remeber them making OR look human last year during the Region tourn. They let you hang around for awhile, then slap the press on you until they are comfortable again.

Powell Has to prove it can win big games on the road, and will get that chance on the 30th at OR, but the tues before that have to travel to Camp Co.

As for Prudden giving Micheal respect they Pressed Powell with Micheal in the game at Powell, but I must say her and Rhynes play has been a pleasant syrprise foer that team.

bottom line Sev Co is in a league of their own in this area, and everyone else is playing catch up

baseline, seems like the toy got broken tonight. maybe next year. :)

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, to bad yours is innaccurate. The fact is sevier co is the best of the best until proven otherwise, no matter what anybody else says. And of your referring to the greeneville bank ladies classic tina broyhill was the mvp of the tourney not your girl from powell. And yes powell should be ranked high, but no they cant and wont beat sevier co. Have you seen there strentgh of schedule 86th out of 110 schools, possibly a reason for all there success? I think so, also sevier co is 15th out of 110, that means there are only 14 other teams in the state that have a harder schedule than they do and they are 20-0, i think sevier co is just a little better. Sevier co may not have height but they can shoot the lights out, even the post can shoot from downtown. And as far as speed goes they probably match up pretty well, but whitney flemming is just about the fastest little white girl in these parts, and anyone who has seen them play can back me up. Anyway, i cant wait for this mathup it'll be on espn classic. Though i'm not taking anything away from powell so don't get your panties in a bunch, but the facts are the facts.

scbballfreak you don't read very well! Just Kidding! I said THANKSGIVING tourney NOT CHRISTMAS!

I think you jinx Sevier County with your comments, since they lost last night. Seems they had trouble with HEIGHT and their shoting was off.

If or when Powell and Sevier counties play, the game will spectacular.