3. Mt. Juliet

4. Sevier County

5. Craigmont

6. Oak Ridge

7. Wilson Central

8. Kirby

9. White County

10. Greeneville

How many times has Insell been beat after the Christmas break in the past 4 years????? Get ready cause Shelbyville will carry the Gold Ball out of Murphy Center once again.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Shelbyville

2. Powell

3. Mt. Juliet

4. Sevier County

5. Craigmont

6. Oak Ridge

7. Wilson Central

8. Kirby

9. White County

10. Greeneville

How many times has Insell been beat after the Christmas break in the past 4 years????? Get ready cause Shelbyville will carry the Gold Ball out of Murphy Center once again.

How in the world can you have Shelbyville as the #1 team in the state. They have lost 5 games. The only team that should be #1 is SC. No matter about the loss. Powell has a weak butt schedule. They are like 86 out of 110. SC is 15 out 110. And as for Mt. Juliet they were beaten by SC how can you put a team beaten by us above us. Wake up.

Go Bearettes

schs,

You might want to compare the two schedules sevier co and powell. I think you will see that both teams are playing many of the same opponents....farragut, greeneville, william blount, west, south doyle, campbell county, etc. While sevier co played some very good teams in the greene county tournament, powell was in georgia playing some of their top ranked teams.

I hope these two teams meet in the coming weeks. If so, SC should be ready for a physical night. Powell is big, strong, physical and very deep.

schs,

You might want to compare the two schedules sevier co and powell. I think you will see that both teams are playing many of the same opponents....farragut, greeneville, william blount, west, south doyle, campbell county, etc. While sevier co played some very good teams in the greene county tournament, powell was in georgia playing some of their top ranked teams.

I hope these two teams meet in the coming weeks. If so, SC should be ready for a physical night. Powell is big, strong, physical and very deep.

All I am saying is look at there schedule strength. Sc is better. I am not taking anything away from them.

Go Bearettes <_<

We really don't need to start talking about schedule strength. Shelbyville plays one of the toughest schedule in the country. 3 of the 5 losses Shelbyville has came from three teams that ranked top 10 in the nation and they barely beat Shelbyville without Fuller. Jackson County and Mt. Juliet beat Shelbyville but they beat them early. I saw the MJ and Sevier County game and if MJ plays anywhere close to how they played againist Shelbyville then they would have run SC out of the gym. I still stand by my prediction that Powell is still a year away for contending for the state title. I think they have a great group of kids and is very well coached but the experience of OR and SC will get them in the Districts and Regions. The team that goes Second in this Region will have their Hands Full cause Burkey and Greenevilel is not going to go down without a fight. I was also at the Greeneville vs SC game and Greeneville had them beat but gave it away at the end.

Like I have said the past couple of weeks with my post until you put Shelbyville out of the tourney they have to be Number 1. In the past four years Shelbyville has been beat 1 time after the New Years. Everyone get ready cause Insell will hold the Gold Ball one more time cause if SC couldn't stop Brooke Johnson then their is no telling with Alex Fuller will do to them.

I am still going stand by my prediction that Insell vs Prudden in the state championship game. Everyone in East TN is counting Oak Ridge out and what a mistake that is cause Prudden always finds away to get to Murphy Center.

B)<_<B)

I believe Powell should be ranked high.  I truely believe Powell can beat Sevier County.  Powell has 4 girls 5'10" or taller (and all are great players) and quick guards.

Terra Michael/guard is quick as a cat.  The past 2 years Coach Prudent from Oak Ridge showed her respect.  She would press Powell when Terra wasn't in the game and would be successful.  However when Terra returned to the game, 9 out of 10 times Prudent would stop the press.

Erin Ogan has stepped up here game since the Greeneville Thanksgiving tourney.  The freshman, Caitlin Hollifield received the MVP award for the tourney.  I believe Erin decided if she wanted to be the star of the team, she better improve her game, which she has.  Erin has been dynamic since the Thanksgiving tourney. 

Christen Rhyne's game has also improved over the last 3 weeks.

If Powell plays Sevier County in the year end tourney, Terra Michael will be a key factor for their success in beating Sevier County.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, to bad yours is innaccurate. The fact is sevier co is the best of the best until proven otherwise, no matter what anybody else says. And of your referring to the greeneville bank ladies classic tina broyhill was the mvp of the tourney not your girl from powell. And yes powell should be ranked high, but no they cant and wont beat sevier co. Have you seen there strentgh of schedule 86th out of 110 schools, possibly a reason for all there success? I think so, also sevier co is 15th out of 110, that means there are only 14 other teams in the state that have a harder schedule than they do and they are 20-0, i think sevier co is just a little better. Sevier co may not have height but they can shoot the lights out, even the post can shoot from downtown. And as far as speed goes they probably match up pretty well, but whitney flemming is just about the fastest little white girl in these parts, and anyone who has seen them play can back me up. Anyway, i cant wait for this mathup it'll be on espn classic. Though i'm not taking anything away from powell so don't get your panties in a bunch, but the facts are the facts.

When you say that Powell's got a weak schedual by being ranked 86th out of 110, you are just stating someone else's opion. What make a team good is not there rank in scheduals but how good the team plays. A team is only as good as the teams they are playing. This year Powell has an AWSOME team and SC better watch their backs because Powell will creep up behind them and beat them. They've done it before to teams and they will do it to you. Just becauce SC is one of the top teams in the nation doesn't mean anything!!!!

Edited by stats101