new AAA poll

90warrior

When you say that Powell's got a weak schedual by being ranked 86th out of 110, you are just stating someone else's opion. What make a team good is not there rank in scheduals but how good the team plays. A team is only as good as the teams they are playing. This year Powell has an AWSOME team and SC better watch their backs because Powell will creep up behind them and beat them. They've done it before to teams and they will do it to you. Just becauce SC is one of the top teams in the nation doesn't mean anything!!!!

Yeah, it's someone's opinion, it's Coach T's opinion, go to the home page. I believe it says strength rankings. Like you said a team is only as good as the teams they play, I believe that TCU proved that in college football. Just because they were undefeated they thought they were one of the best teams in the nation. But who had they played against in their undefeated season...NOBODY.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great point etsubound, and ya your right it is someone eles opinion, and he seems to be making a pretty good living judging by this site based on opinions. Sevier co has proved they can play with the big girls, well they are the big girls and everybody is playing catch up. Ya they did loose to a very good seymour team, but dont look for it to happen again anytime soon.

great point etsubound, and ya your right it is someone eles opinion, and he seems to be making a pretty good living judging by this site based on opinions. Sevier co has proved they can play with the big girls, well they are the big girls and everybody is playing catch up. Ya they did loose to a very good seymour team, but dont look for it to happen again anytime soon.

Powell has played nobody? If it helps you feel better to talk this garbage while licking your Seymour wounds go for it. Keep in mind that Powell has played the same Farragut, Wm. Blount, Greenville, Campbell Co., West, and S. Doyle teams that Sevier Co. has as well as Oak Ridge, Karns and Tennessee High teams that Sev. Co. hasn't. Coacht's strength of schedule (SOS) poll only takes into account games in the state of TN, so Sevier County's SOS is helped by it's Greene CO. Christmas tourney wins, while Powell gets no SOS help from being in the incredibly tough Sweet South tourney, playing the best teams in Georgia. That's why they are so far apart in that poll, but you are perpetuating a myth with this SOS horse your riding.

I believe Powell should be ranked high.  I truely believe Powell can beat Sevier County.  Powell has 4 girls 5'10" or taller (and all are great players) and quick guards.

Terra Michael/guard is quick as a cat.  The past 2 years Coach Prudent from Oak Ridge showed her respect.  She would press Powell when Terra wasn't in the game and would be successful.  However when Terra returned to the game, 9 out of 10 times Prudent would stop the press.

Erin Ogan has stepped up here game since the Greeneville Thanksgiving tourney.  The freshman, Caitlin Hollifield received the MVP award for the tourney.  I believe Erin decided if she wanted to be the star of the team, she better improve her game, which she has.  Erin has been dynamic since the Thanksgiving tourney. 

Christen Rhyne's game has also improved over the last 3 weeks.

If Powell plays Sevier County in the year end tourney, Terra Michael will be a key factor for their success in beating Sevier County.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, to bad yours is innaccurate. The fact is sevier co is the best of the best until proven otherwise, no matter what anybody else says. And of your referring to the greeneville bank ladies classic tina broyhill was the mvp of the tourney not your girl from powell. And yes powell should be ranked high, but no they cant and wont beat sevier co. Have you seen there strentgh of schedule 86th out of 110 schools, possibly a reason for all there success? I think so, also sevier co is 15th out of 110, that means there are only 14 other teams in the state that have a harder schedule than they do and they are 20-0, i think sevier co is just a little better. Sevier co may not have height but they can shoot the lights out, even the post can shoot from downtown. And as far as speed goes they probably match up pretty well, but whitney flemming is just about the fastest little white girl in these parts, and anyone who has seen them play can back me up. Anyway, i cant wait for this mathup it'll be on espn classic. Though i'm not taking anything away from powell so don't get your panties in a bunch, but the facts are the facts.

When you say that Powell's got a weak schedual by being ranked 86th out of 110, you are just stating someone else's opion. What make a team good is not there rank in scheduals but how good the team plays. A team is only as good as the teams they are playing. This year Powell has an AWSOME team and SC better watch their backs because Powell will creep up behind them and beat them. They've done it before to teams and they will do it to you. Just becauce SC is one of the top teams in the nation doesn't mean anything!!!!

Stats...you are out of your mind.......if coacht says that they are 86 out of 110 then they are........so if they stink they stink.......so do you think that thats an opion?

Go Bears :D

Powell has played nobody? If it helps you feel better to talk this garbage while licking your Seymour wounds go for it. Keep in mind that Powell has played the same Farragut, Wm. Blount, Greenville, Campbell Co., West, and S. Doyle teams that Sevier Co. has as well as Oak Ridge, Karns and Tennessee High teams that Sev. Co. hasn't. Coacht's strength of schedule (SOS) poll only takes into account games in the state of TN, so Sevier County's SOS is helped by it's Greene CO. Christmas tourney wins, while Powell gets no SOS help from being in the incredibly tough Sweet South tourney, playing the best teams in Georgia. That's why they are so far apart in that poll, but you are perpetuating a myth with this SOS horse your riding.

They stink..... they will get waxed by SC......guaranteed......they both play campbell, west and s. doyle.....neither of those teams are any good......wake up and smell the coffee.

Go Bearettes :D:D