are we watching the best ever?

CoachBruce

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be real,,,.  that is like dunking on a six grader.

No offense to either team, but don't go all boastful on beating a team that was 29th in the state last year and the other was 14th.

What good D1 teams have either of them beat that would make you think that they are the best that Nashville has to offer?

Hey Tex:

There was no boasting in that thread. I don't really have a love of MBA (I am more partial to blue than red), but why don't you check out MBA's wrestling schedule on their website and tell me what Nashville area D1 teams they have not ruined! Don't bother, here are the scores of their matches with Nashville area D1 teams: MBA beat Centennial 69-6; FRA 57-13; Overton 55-16; Brentwood 67-7; Hillsboro 64-12; and Smyrna 76-6.

I think PinU46 was merely trying to point out that they have run the table in their neck of the woods with D1 teams. I doubt that MBA would have such an easy task in the Chattanooga area with Soddy, Bradley, and Redbank. Nonetheless, MBA is a good team and probably deserves more respect that it gets both from D1 and D2 fans.

Anyway, it really is irrelevant because MBA doesn't have to compete against the D1 powerhouses, it has to compete against the D2 powerhouses; especially Baylor, McCallie, and Ryan!

don't forget the Irish as in ND. Could peak at the right time as well.

soms

MBA beat Franklin at the Kenwood duals by 9 or 11, somewhere around there. I think Franklin could have done a better job of shuffling their line up. Those two teams are very close, though. I think MBA squashed Kenwood like 40-21 or something the same weekend. Clarksville was never really in it. MBA is a good team. I think the battle between MBA, CBHS, and ND for 4th at states could produce a classic dual.

MBA beat Franklin at the Kenwood duals by 9 or 11, somewhere around there. I think Franklin could have done a better job of shuffling their line up. Those two teams are very close, though. I think MBA squashed Kenwood like 40-21 or something the same weekend. Clarksville was never really in it. MBA is a good team. I think the battle between MBA, CBHS, and ND for 4th at states could produce a classic dual.

bow, how do feel Ryan, McCallie and Baylor will stack up?

soms

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, there is no high school wrestling in the part of West Tennessee where I live. That makes it very difficult for me to judge who some of the top teams in the state are. I know that Father Ryan is always good.

I can tell you this, if you want to find out just how good a wrestling team you have, you need to call up Mike Goebel, the head wrestling coach at Evansville, IN Mater Dei High School. You need to travel up there and wrestle in their holiday tournament or get a duel meet with them. They have won the Indiana title I believe 9 years in a row. The JV team at this school has not lost a duel meet since 1977. I know because I was on the last team to beat them.

The coaching staff at Father Ryan can tell you all about how tough Evansville Mater Dei is. They have made several trips up north over the past few years only to come back home a beaten team. I am quite sure that Father Ryan's experiences wrestling Evansville Mater Dei have helped to make them one of the powerhouse teams in Tennessee. If your team wants to better themselves, they need to travel up north and challenge Evansville Mater Dei.

Maybe Mater Dei should invite a little more competition to their tourney's, or even travel to Virginia Duals to meet Bradley, or maybe even go to the Bradley Invitational!! O well, guess we will never know, but Mater Dei is a great team, along with Bradley Central, but in my own personal opinion, Bradley would come out the victors.

Maybe Mater Dei should invite a little more competition to their tourney's, or even travel to Virginia Duals to meet Bradley, or maybe even go to the Bradley Invitational!! O well, guess we will never know, but Mater Dei is a great team, along with Bradley Central, but in my own personal opinion, Bradley would come out the victors.

Dragonwrestler,

I think the closest thing to a Bradley and Mater Dei match was an individual tournament at Brentwood in 2000. I think that was the year. Bradley won the tournament, but it was pretty close. Not really the same as going head to head in a dual though.

Also, I wonder if McCallie takes their impressive, let show the world what we can do line up to Pa., or do they take their Soddy Daisy Invitational line up when they head north?

Just kidding you Blue Tornado guys........I know the deal.