are we watching the best ever?

CoachBruce

well, I almost jinxed Bradley a couple years ago with a Microphone and a Brain lapse (those that know me will love that joke), so I figure I won't do it this time either.

Is this Bradley Team the best that's ever been in TN? no one in the state has put up more than 12 (maybe even 6?) points on them.They could have possibly 8 or more in the State Finals....with maybe 12 medals.

I've never seen a team that good in TN, and am looking forward to seeing this BC squad on my trip to Chattanooga in February.

comment (read: ARGUE) away......

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are good, maybe great, but if they are not going to wrestle baylor, mccallie or father ryan, we'll never know if they are the best. baylor won the nat'l preps in 1971. mccallie won 5 or 6 state championships in a row against all comers, public and private. bc could be the best ever but winning the duals and traditional in feb only proves they are the best public.

12/13 - Bradley Central 54, Christian Brothers 14

Yes, a Tennessee team put up more than 12 points. Not much of a bragging right though. Bradley is very good, they are possibly the best we have wrestled this season in a dual and our schedule includes Brother Martin, LA, Helais, Mo, Park Hill, MO, Homewood, AL, Cardinal Gibbons, FL, and Collins Hill, GA.

You may have a good argument at the end of February....

they are good, maybe great, but if they are not going to wrestle baylor, mccallie or father ryan, we'll never know if they are the best. baylor won the nat'l preps in 1971. mccallie won 5 or 6 state championships in a row against all comers, public and private. bc could be the best ever but winning the duals and traditional in feb only proves they are the best public.

I must agree that every one of us will never know what would really happen with a D2 matchup unless a quick agreement was made, but it is my humble oppinion that Bradley would only be challenged by Baylor, but not any closer than 10 pt's.

I also believe the only way D2 could decisivly beat this years BC team would be to combine all the state champions and challenge them to a dual. I go back to 1973 and remember very strong Irish teams, Baylor and McCallie teams, but I'm not sure any of them would beat this year's BC team.

By the way, I just saw one of the strongest D2 teams in the state beat Smyrna nearly as bad as BC did. Again, Inman was the only winner.

Watch out for MBA,,, best kept secret in D2. Simpson's mad at me now. I blew his "young" cover.

soms