are we watching the best ever?

CoachBruce

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone on here who reads the great posts that RMC shares, know he would have a preamble that stated "he knows the question was about Tn, then he would have posted the Collins Hill score". You gotta love Ross for jumping in the Tn talk when he is in GA.

He knew it. I knew it. Friendly, fun and wrestling.

Keep it up RMC.

By the way, I just saw one of the strongest D2 teams in the state beat Smyrna nearly as bad as BC did. Again, Inman was the only winner.

Watch out for MBA,,, best kept secret in D2.

soms

Soms,

Are the scores posted in The Tennessean regarding MBA's matches last night correct? Did MBA really beat Hillsboro 64-12 and Smyrna 76-6?!

I guess the D1 schools in Nashville are thankful for the split!

There have been many great teams from different schools over the years but to pick one school and say they're the best would be almost impossible. You have had teams from McCallie, Baylor, Bradley and others schools that have had dominate teams and could lay claim to being the best ever, but there are factors that make it difficult to compare those teams from different era's with different weight classes and levels of their competition, etc... I agree that this years Bradley team is one of the best teams I have seen but to say they're the best is a little premature. First of all this season isn't even over and anything can happen. The fact is that this years team may or may not even be the best Bradley team ever. The 2001 Bradley team that holds the DI all-time scoring record just may be. That team scored 268 pts compated with the second place team that had a score of 170.5. They had 10 placers, 7 finalist and 3 champions. They also won the state dual championship that year. They also had a 5th place finish in the National Division at the Virginia Duals. Then we had the 2002 team which scored 239.5 pts, had 8 placers, 6 finalist and 5 Champions, which is the most champions Bradley has had in a state tournament. This team only set back was losing the state duals to a good Soddy team it had defeated earlier in the season. So as I stated in an earlier post, we will know just how good this Bradley team is Feb. 22nd. Go Bears.

be real,,,. that is like dunking on a six grader.

No offense to either team, but don't go all boastful on beating a team that was 29th in the state last year and the other was 14th.

What good D1 teams have either of them beat that would make you think that they are the best that Nashville has to offer?

There have been many great teams from different schools over the years but to pick one school and say they're the best would be almost impossible. You have had teams from McCallie, Baylor, Bradley and others schools that have had dominate teams and could lay claim to being the best ever, but there are factors that make it difficult to compare those teams from different era's with different weight classes and levels of their competition, etc... I agree that this years Bradley team is one of the best teams I have seen but to say they're the best is a little premature. First of all this season isn't even over and anything can happen. The fact is that this years team may or may not even be the best Bradley team ever. The 2001 Bradley team that holds the DI all-time scoring record just may be. That team scored 268 pts compated with the second place team that had a score of 170.5. They had 10 placers, 7 finalist and 3 champions. They also won the state dual championship that year. They also had a 5th place finish in the National Division at the Virginia Duals. Then we had the 2002 team which scored 239.5 pts, had 8 placers, 6 finalist and 5 Champions, which is the most champions Bradley has had in a state tournament. This team only set back was losing the state duals to a good Soddy team it had defeated earlier in the season. So as I stated in an earlier post, we will know just how good this Bradley team is Feb. 22nd. Go Bears.

I think Steve L. knows the answer and may want to remain silent on this one, but my prediction is a 100 pt. spread between 1st and 2nd and Bradley breaks the all time point total. I do not see them losing to anyone in the duals.

soms

be real,,,. that is like dunking on a six grader.

No offense to either team, but don't go all boastful on beating a team that was 29th in the state last year and the other was 14th.

What good D1 teams have either of them beat that would make you think that they are the best that Nashville has to offer?

Hey Tex:

There was no boasting in that thread. I don't really have a love of MBA (I am more partial to blue than red), but why don't you check out MBA's wrestling schedule on their website and tell me what Nashville area D1 teams they have not ruined! Don't bother, here are the scores of their matches with Nashville area D1 teams: MBA beat Centennial 69-6; FRA 57-13; Overton 55-16; Brentwood 67-7; Hillsboro 64-12; and Smyrna 76-6.

I think PinU46 was merely trying to point out that they have run the table in their neck of the woods with D1 teams. I doubt that MBA would have such an easy task in the Chattanooga area with Soddy, Bradley, and Redbank. Nonetheless, MBA is a good team and probably deserves more respect that it gets both from D1 and D2 fans.

Anyway, it really is irrelevant because MBA doesn't have to compete against the D1 powerhouses, it has to compete against the D2 powerhouses; especially Baylor, McCallie, and Ryan!

"The Best Team Ever" What are you people thinking. Bradley is a very good team but how could you ever give them that title if they choose not to wrestle the better D2 schools. I don't care what reason they give (and they may very well have a legit reason) but you can't be considered the best if you don't wrestle the best. They are probably a better dual team than tournament team. Bradley has very few holes in their lineup but they only have a few wrestlers ( 6 or 7) that could place high (top 4) in a big tournament like the traditional state tournament used to be. Could they today win a combined state tournament that only placed the top 4 and was a carry tournament like the state tournament used to be? I don't know but it would make for some great wrestling.

I don't think you'll ever hear anyone from Bradley saying best ever. We're not even sure we are the best this week. We have to wrestle at Soddy on Thursday in front of what is sure to be a jammed pack, rockin rolling crowd of loyal and loud Soddy fans. It will be fun and a very tough test. A pin here, an upset there...momemtum is a powerful thing.

Following Soddy, Bradley has to face Parkview on Saturday morning in front of a sparse crowd in a big quiet building. Bradley may come out flat as a pancake following the Soddy match. Plus if you read the posts by RMC, I just hope we get out of McKenzie without getting someone hurt. These guys sound pretty unbeatable.

As Sly said in an earlier post. There have been lots of good teams. Perhaps we should wait till the State Tournaments are over before any judgements are handed down.