York's Ross Twins Quit

classof98

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a very good situation up there on the mountain with the twins quitting, not sure what happened, but whatever it was its a shame, they are both very good players.

I think they are leaning towards Jackson County,

All i will say about this situation is that if their parents want the best for their girls as far as high schools girls basketball is concerned, and i emphasize that, so lets not all start running on here and saying this or that, but if they want the BEST for their girls in high school basketball i would find a way to get them to Jackson County period! I'm sure this will open up the flood gates for discussion but say what you want the "coach" is the best, hands down. You can speculate all you want about this one or that one, facts don't lie, his record speaks for itself and its only gonna get better. Jackson County will be re-loading after this year and the twins would fit nicely into the system. York will be lucky to finish fourth without them, as Smith Co. and Cannon Co. will be nipping at their heels now!

Edited by devilfanatic

It does sound bad, sounds like daddy was a little jealous of other players and could not handle his daughters being second fiddle, but who are the ones punished here? It sounds like the girls are, they seem to be very good hearted girls who love the game of basketball and the parents are living their dream out instead of letting the girls play. Rumor has it that Clarkrange, Onieda(sp), and Livingston are the frontrunners. But anyway good luck to two good girls and hopefully your parents will support the next team that you are on.

Jackson you have gotten enough transfers for awhile I know you guys have to be running out of houses and jobs to give to parents and kids.

I think they are leaning towards Jackson County, but maybe Livingston or Clarkrange.

I love these girls to death,they are just in a mixed up situation, I sure wish they could have stayed at York, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Isn't it against tssaa rules to transfer for athletic purposes?

I'll bet coaches aren't excited to see them coming. I can't imagine welcoming people into your program who are all about themselves. No matter what they're able to do on the floor, they'll eventually hurt your team.

Ok now i am all for giving eachother a little grief on this website from time to time but lets not attack these two young ladies. You are on the outside looking in as i am and for you to say something like that is asenine! Never attack the young athletes that play for our schools, you have no idea what went on so lets just keep those kind of opinions to yourself. B)

All i will say about this situation is that if their parents want the best for their girls as far as high schools girls basketball is concerned

My response is not intended toward the Ross sisters, as I don't know that situation. I'm responding to this topic in general. So, no disrespect to the Ross sisters or their parents.

In my opinion, if the parents wanted what was best for them, they would have been more supportive of the system at York, whether or not they agree with everything done there. Undermining coaches and teachers is one thing, but when parents let children hear it, it seems to dishearten and hurt the kids.

Kids give more of themselves when they see their parents support that program. They play harder. They respond to constructive criticism better. They have more fun. They learn more. They become better people.

Isn't that what society needs - adults who are willing to work for something rather that ask for something to be given to them.