AP Class A Polls

tfranks24

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TyFry,

I don't see how asking a legitimate question could be perceived as crying but then again I really couldn't care any less about your perception of things. I never said they weren't poll worthy because they are...I asked how they went up a spot after losing a game. So if you call that crying then boo hoo I guess.

Mt. Pleasant isn't in the Top Ten teams in Class A in Tennessee. It's as simple as that. I've seen them play a few times. Some times it is tough to tell how a good a team is because they are playing inferior competition. While the top teams in 12A can play a little, the bottom teams are not very good. Even some of the upper teams are up and down. When Mt. Pleasant beats someone that is pretty good (I don't mean Summertown) then maybe they deserve their ranking. In fact, I'll be surprised if they beat Summertown at Mt. Pleasant. Anyway, the rankings are tough as mentioned previously in this thread. It is virtually impossible for the voters to see the teams that they are voting on.

I am not sure why everyone gets themselves all wrapped up in the polls at all. It has become increasingly obvious that they mean nothing. Last year Greenfield was not even in the polls and made it to the championship game. And where was Mitchell, Memphis in the polls, nowhere to be found and they were in the semi's. There are a number of teams playing very well right now, teams that are building at just the right time. Do not be surprised when the field is down to eight at the Boro, there are a number of teams with 6 or more losses, because they peaked at the right time.

Gordonsville is 17-1 since they didn't count their TWO losses at Pickett Co. starting off the season. They lost to AAA Clarksville Northeast, which shouldn't hurt their ranking, but they also lost to Pickett Co. by 10. They chose not to count these since they were in the Hall of Fame tournament. But when someone votes for them, the loss to Pickett Co. should be looked at and their schedule is very weak. They beat Monterey, Boyd Christian, Trousdale Co. twice, Hermitage Springs twice, Mt. Juliet Christian, Van Buren Co., Watertown and some of the others are not that strong like Smith Co. and DeKalb Co. The only wins against good teams were Westmoreland, Friendship, Red Boiling Springs and Clay Co. This weak schedule may catch up to them come playoff time.