NCS @ Lipscomb

hsfball

Too bad there is not a shot clock in high school ball.  Lipscomb played "chicken" and stalled whenever they could to try to control the game.  I wish kids would just play.  Sure you stall when you are ahead and the game is about to end.  But with 2 or more minutes left in first  half, and you hold the ball?  I think not.  That is not basketball.  I don't know what you call it; sure , you might win the game, but really...PLAY BALL!  Whatever...I am glad I do not have to watch the Lipscomb boys play on a regular basis.

Lipscomb wasn't "stalling" or playing "chicken", they were just running their offense to perfection there at the end. By the end of the game NCS was draggin butt around cause they were so tired because Lipscomb was swinging the ball side to side and setting screens (maybe some were moving but the refs were letting them play out on the floor and plus as Jim B. says...PLAY BALL) to get guys open. If Lipscomb wanted to they could of thrown it into the post and got 2 points or they could of hit one of the guys flashing across the middle for a wide open lay-up but they chose not to. Smart basketball. Why try to force baskets when you are winning late in the game? Make the other team have to foul you and so you can get easy baskets at the line. Makes perfect sense to me. Yes NCS never went to the free throw line...you know why? Because they don't have an inside game. They only had one guy take it to the basket strong and he got a few lay ups on DL mistakes. But other than that it's stand at the arc and throw up 3's. If they were more consistent in making 3's I could see why they shot so many...but why not try to get better looks inside (although they don't have much size)?

Edited by GoBama

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA. Man i sure am glad i'm not the one responsible for getting such people involved in these crazy coacht antics..... Regardless of how Lipscomb's offense worked, the refs, or NCS's lack of post game, if you can't stop Mays from sitting under the basket then NCS would have had a hard time winning. Even had they done that, it could have given Lipscomb a chance to get into a shooting rhythm. Shoulda coulda woulda, the game's been played and J. Anderson is so not the man.

lipscomb was up 15+ at the end the 1st half, with NCS scoring only 3 POINTS in the 2nd quarter, lipscomb stalled the last minute of the half to get the last shot, which they did. if NCS played defense this would have been a better game. there was countless times in this game that lipscomb's big man, who had 18 points after dislocating his ring finger on his shooting hand, simply ran the floor and got easy layups. NCS was 7 of 20 from behind the arc so they had their chance to make threes but didn't make them because of bad shot selection or good defense. they caused some problems driving and should done that from the beginning. obviously lipscomb's style of play worked rather than NCS's shoot 3 mentality. (NCS didn't even get to the free-throw line)

NCS03- Sorry I didnt get on here sooner. I have been busy. The game was very tough and I have alot of respect for the NCS team. Keep ur heads up during this rough stretch, DL had one too.

As for the whining about the stalling, give me a break. Believe me, its not fun to do, but it's the coach's decision not the players and we didnt stall that much in this game at all. If you dont like it then quit complaining and come take the ball from us. But I dont think its the players that are complaining, I think its stupid fans.I wish we had a shot clock too cause i like playin fast paced ball but we DONT so get over it. Nuff said!

I find it beyond argumentative to call us "stupid fans." Sure, our views, opinions, and observations may not be acceptable by your standards or found to be "correct" but thats because it is what it is - OUR perspective. In no way do our comments about such things make us "stupid fans" (although we get out of hand from time to time). :D

Edited by Big48Eagle

Space, layoff the "stupid" comments, it only deminishes you. Remember they haven't had the 12 years of basketball enlightenment that you have.

roundball, who is bragging? Fans from both sides are only on here discussing the game. Anyway, NCS is a very good single A team. A victory over them is a good win for any team, no matter the class.

Sarge, ahop doesn't have money...his daddy does!! (haha)

Time to move on to the next game. Good luck to NCS and Lipscomb.