Ryan's Final Match 2004 vs MBA

irishdad

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Father Ryan Wins the Match 47-16. I was surprised Lomas had to struggle to win like he did. The Hiller-Simpson match was one for the ages. Its almost impossible to say for certainty either way whether the reverse by Hiller occurred before time expired. Simpson wrestled up so I don`t know if they will meet again.

Overall a good night for the Irish winning 10 out of 14 matches. Losers for Ryan were Nick Myers, Jake DeMille, Heavyweight,and Tyler Mayo.

Congratulations to the Irish and to MBA. These are two excellent programs that are well supported by their fans.

FR's Charlie Otto is fun to watch because he just gets after his guy.

Simpson v Hiller: I can't believe this match has not lit up this board! First off, my son wrestles for another high school (Page), so I don't have a dog in this fight.

Hiller scored his reversal 3 seconds after the match was over!

I'm not going to jump on the ref too hard because the crowd noise blocked out the horn and Ryan didn't have a towel-taper for that match (you can bet they did for all the following matches). The MBA crowd was screaming in celebration at the end of the match time and the Ryan crowd was screaming because Hiller was finally starting to fight back. All together they drowned out the horn.

If I'm Simpson, I count this as a win.

IrishDad is Mayo's father and guess who was running the clock when Hiller reversed Simpson after time had expired... our good old Irishdad.

And guess what Irishdad told the ref when asked if time had expired, he said "There were 3 seconds on the clock".

Irishdad is a disgrace to his school and to the sport of wrestling.

hey lets go easy on irishdad for mayo's sake. everyone makes mistakes

It's a good thing this wasn't a pivotal match. Too bad for MBA though. Frank won't make a stink about it, of course... Class act!!

One things for sure, Middle Tennessee will be well represented in going against the Right in both D1 and D2.

Good luck to both MBA and the Irish of Father Ryan.

soms

Edited by Sommers

The estimated crowd attendance was 1500+ and there was alot of noise in the gym. Both Father Ryan and MBA need to agree to have two (2) officials for this match each year. It's not fair to the official, clock operator, wrestlers, parents, etc... For most matches there was more crowd noise than for a state finals match and you need 2 officials to help sort things out when it get's crazy.

Edited by cbg