What happened in 2AA 1\23\2004

gloryseeker

Against West Greene @ West Greene I know that Pigeon Forge only played their starters for 1 maybe 2 quarters, and Austin Woodrick did not play at all. So I imagine it was probably the same at home. Maybe just showing class? But I could be wrong. Correct me if I am.

I'm sure you guys were showing class. Your bench must be horrible then if you only won by 20-something over the Buffs.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How u guys think the region will go this year? It should be a pretty good tournament. Volunteer and Happy Valley are automatically in the region from district 1 looks like South Greene and PF are gonna be in from district 2. I think this region is pretty equal it looks like I think Volunteer may be the best all around team out of this region but im looking forward to seeing how it will turn out.

No District 1 is letting the top 2 teams from regular season get a 1st and 2nd round bye to semi's and an automatic bid to the region i thought everybody was doing that but i guess not it does sound pretty close in district 2 i cant wait for regions i always like playing new teams from the other district this should be a good regional tourny.

Pigeon Forge pulls the win @ South Greene by 5. Great game. PF up by 9 or 10 at the half and pull it to a 15 point lead during the second half. South Greene made a run and pulled it to within 3 or 4 but couldnt come away with this one!

This is all for fun but may I quote some of you.... :D

RHS-"South Greene will roll bigtime"

KevB1990-"South Greene rolls"

gloryseeker-"I dont believe the TIGERS can beat S.G."......"S.G. will beat the Tigers by 10 at home and click 1st place seed."

I know we all call them wrong sometimes. :D I dont think I even posted my pick for this game, so I cant say much. :D

Looks like Coach Wright and Lethco and the TIGERS had a little different plan in mind. Great game by both teams! Season District Co-Champions. Tigers go into the tournament with 1st place and South Greene will go in at 2nd. Great Game!

Sorry you feel SG coaches were sore losers but TSSAA says you sit out 2 games, that means you can't be on school grounds especially talking to someone on a 2 way radio. You also can't scout SG a couple of nights before. Pigeon Forge deserved the win. They were making everything they threw up. Not trying to take the win away but PF's coach broke the rules and for that he should pay.

Not trying to take the win away but PF's coach broke the rules and for that he should pay.

How did he break the rules? I have read the TSSAA bylaws and they say nothing about listening to the radio, talking to someone via telephone/radio, or being on the school grounds. The ejected coach/player is not allowed to be in the gymnasium while his team is playing. There was no rule broken. If SG's coaches had paid more attention to their boys on the court instead of someone talking on a radio, they might have been able to pull out a win. SG boys played hard until the very end and came close to winning that game. It's just sad that their coach turned his attention elsewhere.

By the way, are you aware that SG radio broadcast was commenting to Coach Harper during the game. They were giving him a play-by-play. Is that illegal? Not!

you need to read the rules a little better. we will just have to wait and see what tssaa does. probably nothing but he is not allowed at a game and he did scout sg and Rutledge. he was in the gym. he is not allowed at a game until he serves his 2 game suspension which he had not. you are correct that he can listen to the game on the radio but he is not allowed to communicate with somebody in the gym while the game is going on from parking lot. I agree, pf was the better team last night and the coach had nothing to do with that. I recommend you worry about cheering and let the coaches do there job.