What happened in 2AA 1\23\2004

gloryseeker

Pigeon Forge beat Cosby tonight at Cosby. The game went down to the wire. I think PF will do well in the District Tournament if they take control of the game instead of running and gunning. Street Ball will get them beat in this District.

I think the key to their success will be playing solid defense and an having an inside, outside game then they can pull it off. They have the size for the inside and 3 point shooting ability for the outside to make any team work hard to keep them from scoring. Be patient and let game come to you.

Edited by jgarrison

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree totally with that statement.

All the teams have improved a lot thru the season.

I think the one team that will be tuff is Rutledge:

Reason being 2 or 3 players like impressing the crowd and can do it to especially Singleton. He can dunk better than most college players. You let the crowd get into the game with a lot of fast breaks and he will tear the rim off. :blink:

I think GP and West Greene will fall short this season.

My pick for the top 4 going to the Regionals is and remember these are not in any order of finishing.

Pigeon Forge :D

Rutledge :D

South Greene :P

Claiborne :P

I heard he got another 2 game suspension for being in the parking lot of the South Greene game. He always drives the bus for the boys and cheerleaders because we have to take 2 buses sometimes and he was in the bus and they said he was not supposed to be on school property. I don't see that in the rule anywhere and why is it when you get ejected you have to leave the gym not the property during a game. ;)

Who knows the TSSAA is joke of an organization anyway. The whole system is run like the "GOOD O BOY" club. You should go to the team camps at Carson Newman in the summer when they are training and evaluating refs. They are saying things like "your moving your feet wrong" never mind the fact that the player fell with the ball rolled over and got back up with it and them not call a walk. They are a JOKE.

Pigeon Forge plays Carter on Thursday so Coach Harper will be back for the tournaments. Yes I agree its a shame that he got another two game suspension for driving the bus, when he is the only other person with a bus liscence, but oh well, nothing can be done now.

I am pretty sure there was only the 2 game suspension not a fine. Or at least I hope not. But dont quote me on that I'm not 100% sure.

It stinks to lose a close one, but no one got hurt and that was a very good game against the top seed in the IMAC. You could tell they were thrilled to win that one.

I don't get out to very many basketball games, but wanted to see the Singleton and Day kids play. They are very good, Singleton seems to be more athletic, and Day a better shooter. 00 looked to be a decent post player don't remember his name. For Rutledge to go far in the tourny from my one game impression they would need to have a stronger post game for they seem to live and die with the three.

I wouldn't get too excited about playing East from the IMAC a close game, because the IMAC for 3A is terrible. East and Jeff county are the only two teams that are competitive ( Jeff just lost to Bearden by 30) and Cherokee, West, and Cocke county have only won 16 games between them all year.

In fact the reason that East may have been so thrilled to win that one as you said is the fact that other than beating Jeff county one of three games early in the season the Pioneers may be the only team with a winning record they have beaten all season long. If you look at their schedule I don't think they have played a single 3A team in the regular season that is not in the IMAC, and have padded their record against class 2A and 1A teams like Chucky-Doak, Hancock, and West Greene, none of which are very competitive in their own classification.

At any rate it was fun to watch players of Singleton and Days' caliber as they don't come around too often, and actually have some skills to play at the next level.

West Greene and Chuckey-Doak are in our district and we have no choice about playing them or not. Hancock Co. may be down now, but they're usually one of the best teams regardless of class in East Tennessee year in and year out.

Yeah, I know Jefferson Co. is probably better overall, but Coach Sinard lost the coin flip...and the IMAC is weaker than the Big East and the Knox Area teams. Anyone can win any given night though. I've been around long enough to know that.

00 is Matt Lay...he does a fair job but has been inconsistent. We've not gotten much in the post since Chase McBee graduated.

00 is Matt Lay...he does a fair job but has been inconsistent. We've not gotten much in the post since Chase McBee graduated.

I remember the Mcbee kid. He was a pretty fair football player. Didn't he go to Carson Newman?

I realize you have to play your district games, and you will have up and down years. I was not being critical of anyone, especially Rutledge, after all they are playing up by playing East. Just that by looking at East's schedule it is hard to tell if they are as good as the record would suggest, because they have played down in their non-district games against suspect competition. Go to the schedule on here and compare their schedule with Jeff county's, and you will see.