Best PA Announcer

flngrvy

I'd toot my own horn in basketball at RHS, but I don't do stuff like that.

OK I'll toot it for you. Anybody that pronounces my son's last name correctly is at the top in my book, and you passed the test. Didn't know it was you at the time but you did a nice job.

Thanks Big Daddy. I had an unfair advantage working for the Tribune and knowing most everyone's name...plus I try to ask the scorekeeper from the visiting team on the pronunciation of kids names.

The toughest one I've had over the years was Chris Klaehn from Gibbs...CLAY-n...or Cline...they said it one way one year and the other way the next year.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with devilfanatic I thank Coach King does a great job at Kermit

forkum arena. He really gets the crowd fired up when he says "Not one, Not two,

Not three, but fo------ur time defending state champions the lady bl------ue devils

of Jackson County. That gives me goose bumps thinking about it right now.

Go JCHS.

I know who Jeff Lewis is, and he doesn't do the announcing for UTC all of the time. I think he just fills in when Scott McMahon can't do it for one reason or another. I do know that he does the games at Cleveland State CC. I think there must have been a couple of conflicts because I was at, at least one Cleveland State game that he didn't do.

i didn't say he was bad wcsports, i'd just like to be able to hear him... that may not be his fault... maybe needs a better mic or some new speakers or some audio experts to help with the acoustics... his excitement is there if the audibility is not... as far as talking during shots, id do it... i wasn't doggin' ya....