Best big man in East Tn

landers_22

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow......help me mav and cat......altho ive only seen tevah play twice i didnt see what you saw!........i saw a player with bad hands and no shot!.....

not using his 6-8 frame to its best!....and not a d1 player

maybe i just saw him on a bad night

i do understand the statement about not being in the best system.

what has the Clinton coach done with talent any coach in the state would kill for?

Matt Poole of Kingston is averaging close to 25 a game in the last couple of weeks. And even though he doesn't play inside Justin Sitzlar also scores and rebounds at will plus he's the best dunker in the area.

Are you kidding Poole averages about 14 a game. He plays in a district with absolutely no big man besides Cusick as LC, and he is terrible. Kingstons nondistrict schedule is a joke besides playing AE. Even though Poole is one of my favorites in the district he doesnt even compete with other guys mentioned. Also, Sitsler can dunk we all know this, but dunking a ball 2 handed every third game doesnt make him the best dunker in the area, he is the best dunker in Kingston though.

I would add Tony Cooper from Fulton to the list. He is undersized, but the kid flat out gets after it. He coems to work every night, and he is the type of ball player I would want to have. If he was about 4 inches taller he would be unstoppable...

Robpride,

I guess I make some allowances for Tevah, beause he has such a tremendous up side. He is a legit 6'9" and has huge shoulders. He runs the floor well for his size, as he has to with the tempo Clinton tries to play at, and has a really soft jump shot around the 4-8' range, also shoots free throws well. He would benefit so much from a good big man camp in the off season, where he could really develop his post up moves, and I think he would become a serious D1 prospect. He doesn't have Chris Webber hands, you're right, but they're not bad, and certainly will get better as he sees the ball more. Watch him again, and I think if you look at what he could be, thats what I see.

Robpride,

I guess I make some allowances for Tevah, beause he has such a tremendous up side. He is a legit 6'9" and has huge shoulders. He runs the floor well for his size, as he has to with the tempo Clinton tries to play at, and has a really soft jump shot around the 4-8' range, also shoots free throws well. He would benefit so much from a good big man camp in the off season, where he could really develop his post up moves, and I think he would become a serious D1 prospect. He doesn't have Chris Webber hands, you're right, but they're not bad, and certainly will get better as he sees the ball more. Watch him again, and I think if you look at what he could be, thats what I see.

Excellent observation Mav. Having travelled with Tevah the last two summers, I have seen him play a lot. You have hit the nail on the head. Tevah is a diamond in the rough. He already has D1 offers on the table. I think when the right college coach gets to work with him, you will see one serious post player.

Off the court he is a fine young man from a good basketball family. His brother plays post at Pittsburgh.