McMinn Central vs. Walker Valley

bballfan2004

Ok, big game Friday against McMinn Central and Walker Valley. Central won first time, but not by many. It is at Central, tipping off at 6:00. Who do you all think will win this time? If Central wins this game, it is almost a sure thing that they will be 1st in the district, but if Walker Valley wins, it will make it a tie. I am gonna say Central by 7. We will see on Friday who comes out to play. Whoever comes out and plays, and does the little things, will come out on top. Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh this is goin to be an exciting matchup between these two teams. The first game was played excellent by the Chargerettes but I believe that the Lady Mustangs will want some payback for the last game at WV. Both teams will come out to play and whichever team shoots the best, I say, will when the game. GO LADY MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, big game Friday against McMinn Central and Walker Valley. Central won first time, but not by many. It is at Central, tipping off at 6:00. Who do you all think will win this time? If Central wins this game, it is almost a sure thing that they will be 1st in the district, but if Walker Valley wins, it will make it a tie. I am gonna say Central by 7. We will see on Friday who comes out to play. Whoever comes out and plays, and does the little things, will come out on top. Good luck to both teams.

I haven't seen either team play yet, however, it seems as though not much separates the two. On the high school level, in my opinion, your intangibles(bench strength, "heart", coaching, etc.) play a big part in "big" games. Both teams seem to be playing at tournament "level" even though it is just the end of January. Because the game is being played at Central, I would have to say Central is the favorite but stranger things have happened when this scenario happens.

If Walker Valley was to win on Friday night, I think in order to take 1st place in District 5AA they would have to win by ten(10) points or better. The first game was won by Central 71-62. Either team will be a very tough 1st or 2nd place team to face in Region 3-AA.

Whoever attends this game please post the score ASAP. I have more than a passing interest in who wins or who loses :D

I've been watching this district very closely, and I have to go with Central. Although I think WV has an excellent team and should win with thei HUGE mismatch inside, I think Central is still winning this year off of it's reputation from the past years. They are clearly not as good as they have been in recent years, but most teams still approach a game against them as if they are. Good luck to both sides.

Im afraid to call this one but i will have to say Central by three maybe four. this game could go either way. it mainly depends on how well central is shooting the ball.

Ill be at the game but will be unable to post anything afterwards on account of McMinn Co. Jr. High Tourney at least i hope we at Mt. View have a game At 7:45 on the same night. We'll know after tonight.

Go Mt. View Lady Tigers

Go Chargerettes

On my first post, I said Central by 7. I watched Central play last night against Sweetwater, and they looked horrible! They were slow, and shot horribly. If they are gonna beat Walker Valley they are going to have to be a lot more ready to play, and where did all their speed go? It just wasn't there. They didn't look very good at all. If they play like they did last night, I am gonna say Walker Valley by 10+...Come on Central, get it together, and be ready to play Friday. We need this win!!

Go Chargerettes

For Walker Valley to win this game they will need less treys, and more Morris in the paint. Morris has to be the main weapon, with Cox picking up garbage after Central is forced to help out on Morris. Walker Valley must slow this game down and take care of the ball against the press. Morris can help as a safety valve to get it up court. Pass it up court versus the press with less individual dribbling. Once up court move the ball around until you can get it in to Morris. Morris will need to score 25 or more for Walker Valley to win this game. For Central, they will need plenty of points in transition. If their press is successful, that will be the game. Central will win by 20. If their press is not successful, it could be close. WV could be the better team in the half court. Central is hard to defend. They have players that can spot up and hit the three, or drive by you and hit the short jumper. Both teams are quality with very good coaching. Should be a dandy.

Mo Morris, Mo Morris, Mo Morris. Pound it inside until they stop it, which McMinn has not shown they could do. When Walker Valley breaks the press, by passing over the top and not dribble dribble dribble, attack and not circle circle around to set up to run a play, giving McMinn time to get back and set up. Make them pay!! I thought last game, subs made a different also, McMinn was fresher at the end.

Mo Morris and less treys, more passes and less dribbling, more bench and fresher starters, Walker Valley by 2 in a killer thriller.