Happy Valley vs Elizabethton

Buki4life80

Final score

Happy Valley 44

Elizabethton 34

Now why wasn't coach 17 already on here crowing about how good Betsy is. Hard to talk when you have your head under a rock with your foot in your mouth. As everyone has always said Betsy hasn't played anyone yet. Feb. 3rd they will get another big dose of it when the Lady devils of Unicoi County go through Carter County like a dose of castor oil.

Final score

Happy Valley 44

Elizabethton 34

Now why wasn't coach 17 already on here crowing about how good Betsy is. Hard to talk when you have your head under a rock with your foot in your mouth. As everyone has always said Betsy hasn't played anyone yet. Feb. 3rd they will get another big dose of it when the Lady devils of Unicoi County go through Carter County like a dose of castor oil.

No home computer!!! Lay-off until, they go back to school!!

He's a stand-up, honest guy!!!

Thanks Brutus! Warriors flat out beat us. Williams was tough inside. Dugger made 11-12 free throws simply bulling the ball to the goal. Warriors packed a 2-3 zone and the Cyclones threw up enough bricks to build the Great Wall of China. Its one loss and hopefully a wake up call. JV stayed unbeaten in District play with a 56-43 win.

Speaking of JV, now that Hughes is playing JV, and not yet eligible for varsity...what does this do to Elizabethton's JV? Does it change anything? And now that Pietrowski is back playing, along with another new post player, will this change any starting lineups? Will anyone's playing time be cut short? Still expect to be #1? Comments, please!

Speaking of JV, now that Hughes is playing JV, and not yet eligible for varsity...what does this do to Elizabethton's JV? Does it change anything? And now that Pietrowski is back playing, along with another new post player, will this change any starting lineups? Will anyone's playing time be cut short? Still expect to be #1? Comments, please!

44 Kristen Hughes PF/C 5'9 Sr. How can she play JV when she is aSenior?? :D And of course it will cut someones playtime unless you can play 6 players.

Obviously, the additions of unsolicited transfers Hughes and Hill and Pietrowski's return to the JV will cause some changes. Hughes will not start and will only play JV until her eligibility is determined. Hill will have to play herself into game shape and will play spot backup post minutes. Pietrowski will get 2 quarters to work on her post-up skills. The addition of these post will allow Hopson and Treadway to move to their more natural wing positions, and rest assured every effort will be made to get everyone their minutes. The team is 12-1, 8-0 in league and has the talent to finish out strong in their final seven games. Patience and compassion may be required, but these additions may actually improve the team.

SportieMom:

I would assume that the Watauga Conference (unlike some other conferences such as the Big 7) does not have a rule against seniors playing JV. Im sure the EHS coaches have checked this out or they wouldnt be playing her. I cant recall EHS playing a senior on JV in recent years, but this is an unusual situation. I assume that Hughes is somewhat in limbo right now, until the TSSAA rules on her eligibility, and playing some JV helps her stay in shape. I would venture a guess that if she is ruled eligible she will go to varsity only for the last month of the season. If she is ruled ineligible then playing JV wouldnt make any sense and Id say her HS career would be over.