10aa finish

ondeck23

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be a wild finish!! What it all boils down to is this: No one wants to finish fourth in the district tourney, that would mean playing Giles County. But, they may be due for an upset and anyone in district 10AA can win at anytime. Each team has go to players that can control the game if they are hot. Cheatham and Waverly have the edge right now. Creek Wood can make up some ground with home games against Waverly, Cheatham and Central. They also have a road game against Central. Harpeth can make a serious run if Goodwin is shooting the ball well, which he always does. Central and Burney will be a threat, especially in the tourney since it is at Central, as well as the region tourney. Cheatham seems to be the most unselfish team right now. Their kids seem not to care who gets it done on the court as long as they get the win. Good Luck to all teams.

Edited by bird

Swabs, sutures, touriquet, neosporin. (oh well I can't even spell allthese terms from my ripping the past few days. I am emotionally spent. Parched,licking my wounds). OK back to the hoops. 10AA tourney will be FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! Obviously I am a big RED HAWK fan and would love to see them bring home the big TRINKET in their 2nd year, but that may be asking a lot out of this young team. Honest opinion is Waverly has the best talent, they are in 1st place and should be the favorite to bring home the Gold.I am not trying to offend any of my good friends that coach in 10aa, but that in my honest opinion. VOICE-PEACE-OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Bird. This district is very wild and crazy. Waverly is up top with Cheatham just a game back. To be honest, I think it will come down to these two teams unless Harpeth starts playing better. Sycamore, Mont. Central, and Creekwood can beat anybody on any given night though. I do agree in that you don't want to be fourth and play against Giles County first round. I know Waverly and Cheatham play tonight. Harpeth and Stewart (who beat them earlier in the year). And Sycamore vs. Mont. Central. There could be some really big shakeups in the district after tonight. Good luck to all teams.

Regular season is one long practice getting ready for the tourny. But here is my prediction going into Districts.

1. Cheatham (can't miss)

2. Waverly (lost to Cheatham too many times)

3. Harpeth (haven't heard much out of em lately, still pretty good?)

4. Sycamore (lost too many close ones)

5. MC (lots of talent, but burney can't do it all)

6. Creek Wood (good shooters, good fans)

7. Stewart Co. (what can I say? HAIL GYM NAZI!)

Coachrop, I would have thought by now you would have completely recovered, both mentally and physically from your ripping that you took from Sycamore posters. I guess you are soft. stink it up and get it done! I feel your pain brother. Tonight, CW makes a long jaunt down to lewisburg to face Marshall County. Could be a much needed tune up for the 10AA stretch run. Marshall is athletic, which will give them a very similar look to what Central, Cheatham, and Waverly will give them down the stretch. It will give Coach Taylor and his extraoridinary assistant coach a chance to work on some things that may help down the line. 10AA is just a heck of a district. Whoever makes it out can make a run deep into tourney time. Good Luck to everyone! Coachrop, I just talked our school psychologist, and she has a spot at 10:45 am today if you need a session to help recover from this past week of the coacht pounding you took.

OUT!!

bird you should be nicer about coach taylor's assistant coach. he works real hard at keeping the stats. coachrop, hope everything is going well and you are recovering from your ripping. also hope the scares heal fast, we need you down the stretch run.

cheatham

waverly

Harpeth

Creek Wood

mont.central

Sycamore

Stewart Co.

just my opinion on the district. can't wait for the tourney. :D

ondeck23,

You are right about Coach Taylor's assisstant coach. I was just caught up in the moment about our district and having to deal with the mental anguish that has coachrop in a complete and udder slumber. I do not know if he will recover from the week that will always be remembered as :"the ripping of coachrop". Back to Coach Taylor's assisstant coach: He just gets it done. He carries that clipboard like he was born with it. He and "the board" are as one. I have even seen him rise out of his chair and actually go to the scorer's table and ask what was the # of the kid who just fouled. He has mellowed some this year after getting ripped by an official in Waverly last year for actually coaching. You do not see many coaches actually getting repremanded by a game official for doing their job. LOL. :D By the way, I have noticed that CW's bookkeeper gets it done also. I noticed this year that a game offical exchanged some words with him also. What is going on down in Waverly? :D:) CW is just loaded with extraorinarly talented officals! Look for this to be a big factor come tourney time! LOL. Good luck to all 10AA teams tonight: boys and girls. The next couple of weeks could be fun and interesting. OUT!!!

Edited by bird

Wow people are still talking about the "ripping" deal. Well in my opinion if thats the worst type criticism you receive then your in good shape. Why don't we just drop it and move on and keep it on subject. My predictions are:

1)Waverly

2)Cheatham

3)Harpeth

4&5)Sycamore or Creekwood (depending on Sycamore's consistency)

6)Mont. Central

7)Stewart

bird

you have never been so right about something. Creek Wood's book keeper not only gets it done at the scorers table, he gets it done at the boys bench as well.

you can be sure that during time outs he even comes to offer help on the coaching part of it. speaking of rippings young man, the score keeper took a good one from an official at waverly, again it was because he is so talented that this time he was offering the officials some advice on how to call or not to call a game. Coach Taylor is lucky to have such a devoted staff surrounding him. PEACE :D