Lipscomb vs. Hume-Fogg

Eddie Van Halen

This was no upset. They beat them to death and controlled the whole game from the get go. I think the last time they didnt have the lead was probably in the 1st quarter. The HFA girls are good. They are the best in 8AA. Also in their region who include Upperman and Jackson County. I predict the District and Region champs to be HFA.

Lil Al, I'll agree at this point that the HF girls are the best in 8AA, but as for the region, i dunno. I'm pretty sure Jackson Co. and Livingston Academy are both in our region and HF has not managed to come close to Jackson County. I personally think that this is because of a mental thing, but unless the HF girls block out the thoughts of Jackson County being "dominant" they won't win region.

But what if HFA didnt end up playing Jackson County. I hear Upperman and Livingston both can compete with Jackson county. So what if one of them put Jackson county out which could easily happen. But im not making excuses. I think HFA will take about anybody right now except for good boys teams. I said good boys teams so i think they could take some boys teams :P

Guys your still getting WAY ahead of yourself. We (8aa) can't even get anyone into the finals of region in girls much less win it. It will be the same old same old as far as the region because the 4th place team IS better than the 1st place team over here. As bad as I hate to say it its true. I've seen all those girls team play over there and they are just a cut above right now over anything that we have. But now on boys thats a whole other story..............

Take nothing from 8AA. They are good.

Last year, Lipscomb beat 7AA's #4(Smith or Cannon Co) in the first round of the region. Then they took their fabulous record against Livingston & got thumped.

That was last year. Anything could happen. However, Cannon County played Jackson COunty to 2 points. JC just beat Upperman by 3. LA just beat JC by 3 & Upperman by 6. York beat Upperman by 4.

Unless a 7AA team has a bad regional appearance, it's very conceivable that the region 4AA girls semis will be all 7AA.

Edited by ShutupandPlay

You must be a complete idiot! Coach Smith has more wins than you can count. Can't a coach or TEAM lose a game every once in a while. It is kinda of hard to win every game, isn't it?

I don't know, I can count pretty high there, sball23. In fact, once a person can count to 100 it's pretty easy to take it on up to 999 with few problems. Of course then you get into problems of the thousands, millions, billions, etc. But I trust have have adequately equiped to count Coach Smith's wins.

Oh, you were being sarcastic?!?!?!? Well, imagine that. Perhaps I too was being a bit sarcastic w/ the thread, especially the comment implying Smith is over 70.

The HFA girls are good. They are the best in 8AA. Also in their region who include Upperman and Jackson County. I predict the District and Region champs to be HFA.

Jackson County has already played Hume-Fogg this year we were beating them by atleast 30 when the subs went it and it didn't get much closer. Upperman beat them worse than we did because their coach won't pull the reins in quite as soon as ours will, so i'm not sure where you get this idea that you can all of a sudden beat us? As for bashing DL, it was only one game and it meant nothing really, other than braggin rights, none of these games count till you get to the region, when will ya'll figure that out? :unsure:

No matter what, beating DL is a huge step for the HF girls. In the three years I've been at HF, there has been enough if not more than enough talent to compete with and beat DL, however, Hume-Fogg has always had a problem with their mental game when it came to playing schools with big reputations like DL. They've now proven to themselves that David Lipscomb can be beat and I think a lot of that mental stuff is coming down.....

Take it to 'em ladies....