Lawrence Co. vs. Giles Co.

mreverything

Last time we played Giles Co. I didn't pay attention to the players but w/some much talk about them being "such a great team" I decided to & I must say that there were quite a few guys that impressed me. Giles Co. does have a great team (& it also helps that almost all of them are 7 ft. tall). Congrats on the win but GO WILDCATS! You guys gave it all you had & that's all that matters. Good luck Friday!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall seeing goaltending called either...probably because there were none. I didn't see one block that came close to goaltending. As for LC. They have an extremely quick team and I don't doubt that they are talented, but they didn't show it last night. Giles County was firing on all cylinders and it showed. What happened to Des...he was invisible last night?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Wildcat, im not saying that you cant win on heart. Cause a team can win on heart. But somewhere down the line you do need some talent. To get you over the hurdle? I can say this about LCHS. They do have a good coach and team.So I must tip my hat off to him. And im glad it didnt get out of hand last night.

Edited by tcross

tcross, I never said a team could win on only heart...I said it took more than heart to win 9 straight games in district 8AAA. Last night was the worst game these guys have played all season, and it was against a very good team. One thing is for sure, these guys have NOT won 9 district games on heart alone! These guys are talented, and have and will continue to make noise in the remainder of season and in the postseason. Three more district games left guys! Good luck Friday night in a big game at Shelbyville!

Almost everyone on Giles' team is 7'?? Did they grow since I watched them 2 weeks ago... 6'6, 6'5, 6'5, and 6'4 are there tallest guys.... Don't be ignorant!

I didn't actually mean that everyone IS 7'. I was just expressing how much they towered over our guys I know how tall they are. I'm not stupid. Obviously you took my post way too serious....lighten up a little. Didn't know that joking about someone's height would make someone angry. :D

Well Seniorcat2004 you were only making excuses about why you lost right? Yeah that's exactly it and mas1821 just threw it down. I know you're only going to give excuses to why you said it, because that's all you and other LC fans like to do. One guy said that Tyler ONLY had 22 points last time.... only? Last I checked that isn't that bad. So now that I said that let's hear some excuses..... anyone? :D

Well GCHS05...I'm glad that you knew "exactly" what I was trying to say. Next time I am uncertain about something, I'll be sure to ask you. ;) What I was actually trying to do is compliment your team but I guess you take compliments a little too well. I don't make excuses. We lost....no excuse. The guys on your team are taller & I'm sure it helped a little but not all "7' people" can play basketball that well...so I don't call that an excuse either. We didn't play that good at all but I'm not going to make that out to be an excuse. We lost...no excuses.

Ok mas1821, I'll do that next time. :D

Edited by seniorcat2004

Great game last night by the Bobcats! Once again Tyler, Shay, Justin, and Channing did their thing, and cruised to a win. Tyler had a strong game with 29 and a couple of dunks. Channing and Justin got in on the dunk action last night as well. Oh yeah, what happened to Des? He had a awesome total of 3 points! :D

Good job Bobcats!! :D

According to the Tennessean, Tyler Smith only scored 19 points...

Giles Co. 83, Lawrence Co. 53

Tyler Smith scored 19 points for Giles County (19-5) with three of his teammates each supplying 10 more points in the win.

Wes Carter, Channing Coffrey and Cash Givens all hit that double digit mark for the Bobcats.

Chris Hartsfield led the visiting Lawrence County (17-6) with 10 points.

Giles Co. High School Stats

Player FGM FTM FTA 3PM TP

Wes Carter 4 1 2 1 10

Channing Coffrey 4 2 4 0 10

Deon Garrett 1 0 0 1 3

Cash Givens 4 2 5 0 10

Zach Holt 3 0 0 0 9

Josh McCluskey 2 0 0 0 4

Justin Morris 4 1 1 0 9

Corey Perry 1 0 0 0 2

Shay Shannon 3 0 0 1 7

Tyler Smith 7 5 10 0 19