Franklin 64 BGA 61

FHSrebel27

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having watched many games in this district , I will affirm , Ben Tyree is consistantly the worst official in the district. I don't usually make comments on the officiating because I think it generally balances out. However, in this case I will make an exception. One time it's a touch foul that's called the next time somebody gets the crap knocked out of them and there is no call. I don't care which way you are going to call it just be consistant. Mr. Tyree is clueless and needs to stay at home on game nights. My comment is not based on last nights game , but on watching him for several years call a lot of games.

Too bad we'll never know if Franklin could mop the floor with BA. BGA obviously can. They beat BA; you can't argue that.

As far as the official goes, I agree that he's not that great. What really got me though was when he apparently couldn't handle me exclaiming "you need to get some more training; learn the game." He looked right at me like he wanted to say something. Call the game well and the crowd won't be on you... and if you can't handle the crowd being on you, then get off the court.

Too bad we'll never know if Franklin could mop the floor with BA. BGA obviously can. They beat BA; you can't argue that.

As far as the official goes, I agree that he's not that great. What really got me though was when he apparently couldn't handle me exclaiming "you need to get some more training; learn the game." He looked right at me like he wanted to say something. Call the game well and the crowd won't be on you... and if you can't handle the crowd being on you, then get off the court.

Rebel, feel free to equivocate Franklin's football or baseball teams with BA's, but stay away from basketball. It wouldn't be close.

The only people saying anything baout Franklin and BA on the court are BA folks. Until this point I haven't said a thing except that we'll never know. I do however, feel that Franklin's victory over BGA was a big event. They were ranked number two in D-II and had defeated Brentwood Academy. If you want to turn that around to me saying that we could clorox the floor or whatever with BA, then go right ahead. But since y'all are trying to make it seem like I've said something already, let me just go ahead and say it... I think Franklin could hold their own with BA. I think any of the top teams in 11-AAA could hold their own with most any team in the state, including yes, even Brentwood Academy.

If Franklin shot like they shot against BGA, i would not put it past them to beat BA. Especially if the equalizer Mr. Bad Official was there too. It was another great game in a great rivaly. My only problem was the lack of enthusiam from the Franklin stands. The small number of fans that did actually show up did not even as much as stand until the final minutes. I was equally dissapointed when we played at Franklin. Their fan support was not much better at home.

Edited by Ash56

Ash- while we are on the fans, I assume you are a BGA student? Could you explain to me the tomahawk chants the BGA student section did during the game? I have yet to figure out where that came from. . .

And don't be surprised about the fan support from the student body, they think of games as more "social hour" than a basketball game. Especially during the girls, but they have started to get that way for the boys games too. Keep in mind, it was a Saturday and Franklin had a big game vs. Brentwood the night before- who knows

I would imagine the BGA faithful were poking fun at Franklin. During football season, the band plays the Tomahawk Chop music. I'm sure that's where they came up with the idea. I had never seen BGA fans do that before.

It is a social hour for many of the students who come and that's always been one of the things that's bothered me. I enjoyed sitting with the adults at football games this season much more than being in the student section last year. Same with basketball- they're actually, call me crazy, watching the game. I know there are some exceptions, some kids who are there to actually watch the game and support their fellow student-athletes, and I guess I'd rather them be there than not there at all.

The only people saying anything baout Franklin and BA on the court are BA folks. Until this point I haven't said a thing except that we'll never know. I do however, feel that Franklin's victory over BGA was a big event. They were ranked number two in D-II and had defeated <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>. If you want to turn that around to me saying that we could clorox the floor or whatever with BA, then go right ahead. But since y'all are trying to make it seem like I've said something already, let me just go ahead and say it... I think Franklin could hold their own with BA. I think any of the top teams in 11-AAA could hold their own with most any team in the state, including yes, even <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>.

:lol:

I KNEW you wouldn't be able to help yourself!!

BTW, the BGA students were doing the tomahawk during the BA game as well. Not sure what that's about!