tenn.basketball

kyBomBer11

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haywood play mason county in their gym in Dec and lost by 5pts they are the defending state champs......Haywood defeated one Ky team in that tournament too. They went to summer camp also in Ky and came in first place they didnt lose a game, they defeated one of ky last season state champs team. So i will say its about the same...Kentucky is just more into their basketball

I have been to a few Kentucky games our last coach was from KY. The game is much more physical and our fans and administrators would not be comfortable with some of the things that go on at ball games there. Fans tend to be much more into the game and actually become a factor at home games, with the noise and excitement. However Tn has more athletes state wide. I belive that we (fans) tend to be more of observers than participates. Even our coaches spend more time on the bench and are less vocal than most in KY. This may come with the officiating here, they control the game more than they do in KY.

well yeah our football is okay we do have 1 of the best QB's in the nation, and a team that many say should play de la salle, but yeah White Station prolly could hang with use , they sound like thier a very strong team winning state last year

Must not have made the papers where you lived, but MBA, the TN state champion in football, beat Trinity, the KY state champ last season. Maybe the Rocks better concentrate on beating a TN team before they venture out to play DeLa Salle!! :lol:

1... Whitestation doesn't have a 7' guard... 2... Whitestation would do more than hang w/ ky b-ball... you take the 5 best teams from tenn and put them up against the 5 best from Ky... Tn would win atleast 4 out of the 5 games.... Memphis is the second best city for b-ball talent in the nation.... Bradley Central and whitestation would dominate Ky High ball....

Just somthing interesting to note. ( and this just my opinion, which really isn't woth too much )

The big difference in KY and TN. In TN, the biggest schools are usually the best. There are exceptions, however the 1800-2000 student schools are predominantly the best in each major sport.

In KY you will have schools like Mason Co. last years state champs and will give it another run this year, who have enrollments of only 700-800, and gyms that hold around 6,000 that will be full for every game they play.

Check the records, and I could be wrong, but I think its the bigger school in each class that traditionally wins championships in TN. It often does not work out that way in KY. Its a numbers game. Go figure.