New Top 5

scbballfreak

schs, who's counting them out? i haven't heard anyone count them out.u said they were on a roll and i said they got drilled twice.i don't have them number 1 in my poll anymore and neither does anyone else but that doesn't mean we are counting them out. they are very good and probably will make it to the state.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Sevier Co.

2. Oak Ridge

3. Mt. Juliet

4. Powell

5. Shelbyville

This is more or less how it should be.....Sevier Co. is on a roll after there 2 losses....and they are bound for the state tourney....Oak Ridge has proved after wining a tight one to Powell that tehy are good...Powell has proved them selves worthy to be up there with the rest of us.....Mt. Juliet is darn good but the more losses doesn't help the rank....and at last Shelbyville they are playing very well as usual and will give a good stand in the state tourney.

on a roll,they got drilled twice!

you just stated the same exact thing he already said, yeah they got beat but AFTER the 2 losses they are back on a roll, maybe a team can peak 2 times in a season and this time will not be the wrong time.

You people that are putting Mt Juliet down because of the loss of Clark I want to see what you have to say when the run the table and make it to the state...... I'm taking names and I'm going to be reminding you of your comments....

I'll be sure to remember you name also after they fall in the region semis!

Year in and year out the team to beat? How many state championships have they won in the last 15 years? If they have proven year in and year out they are the team to beat I hope they have bunch of state championships to back up your comment. :P

What i meant by my comment was that when the tourney time rolls around with this group they know how to get the job done look at the last 3 yrs, they have made the state tourney the last 2, and one three pointer would make that count three , not even mighty Shelbyville can clame that one! I'm not dogging them im just stating a point. I didnt mean that they have 50 state championships, but the last 3 yrs they have by far been the dominant team in east tennessee as far as winning districts and region. Just ask Oak Ridge, they have been in the region championship the last three years just like schs, and schs has beaten them all three years. Don't blow my comment out of proportion.

Edited by scbballfreak

How can Shelbyville not claim that due to they won the state in 2000, 2001, and 2003. Three out of the last Four years for "Mighty" Shelbyville is not bad.

Its not even worth it anymore, if you people would actually read the posts that people put on here then there wouldnt be so much trash talking and argueing. I said EAST TENNESSEE. And yes shelbyville is very dominate and will probably continue to be. I just wish you would actually read the posts instead of scanning and writing about what you think you read.

This is more or less how it should be.....Sevier Co. is on a roll after there 2 losses....and they are bound for the state tourney....Oak Ridge has proved after wining a tight one to Powell that tehy are good...Powell has proved them selves worthy to be up there with the rest of us.....Mt. Juliet is darn good but the more losses doesn't help the rank....and at last Shelbyville they are playing very well as usual and will give a good stand in the state tourney.

Say what you want about east tn and west tn in AAA its Shelbyville and everyone else is chasing them, year in and year out, those on the outside looking in jump on their every defeat to try to say that they are no good, they've lost 4 or 5 games, they are this, they are not that, but in the end if you are in AAA you will have to beat them for the State Championship and i don't like your chances and it doesn't matter who you are or where your from, unless of course Jackson County was in AAA but thankfully for us and them we aren't! :D

You do know devilfantic that schools can PLAY UP in classification. If Jackson County does truly want to play with the best why not move up to Class AAA and play with the "big" girls. I'd love to see Jackson County play Shelbyville in the Tournaments whether its in the district, region, sectionals or state. I will say this the year Davidson was a senior I thought you guys had the best team in the state reguardless of classification.

What your reasoning for that when Shelbyville beat Jackson County twice that year.

One time in overtime and one time by just a couple points in regulation. I think they were pretty even in tallent that year. Jackson Co. lost 4 games that year: 2 to shelbyville, one to the team that is #1 in the nation today (Maryland team by 5) and The team that won the nationl championship that year from California(by just a couple). I belive all 4 teams were ranked in the USA Today at one point that year. In cluding the Lady Blue Devils who started the year at 9. (Sorry, this was a little off topic) :P

The thing that amazes me is that Upperman was alson raknked in the USA Today that year and Jackson Co Blew them out all 4 times that year (I think 18 was the closest)

Edited by bob77