Maryville going to "The Doghouse"

Rebelsman

actually the technology is about the only good thing here...besides the baseball field which im pretty sure parents donate money to that and so does the Community - pretty sure it has been named the #1 field in the state a few times...hows your baseball field? oh yeah you play at Maryville college nevermind...how about you stick to your life at tennessee tech and stop tying to be in high school still! im sorry but if next year im still on here..someone please hit me very very hard

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well actually if u look at our facilities, the money for our weightroom was donated to the school. I think we also go some other things out of the deal. So its parents willing to pay for their kids equipment and facilities as well as schools money. Farragut has a buncha priviledged families, but none of them donate money to the school, therefore its a run down POS. I can say that, I have been in there, its ugly, cramped, and the technology is horrible.

maryville donated to the baseball field last year.... how nice of them.....

Just a few observations and questions:

Beardens heavy press was basically ineffective against Maryville. It did force a couple of turnovers but in the long run it took the legs out from under Bearden.

To make up for it Bearden stalled one to two minutes off of the clock at the end of each quarter. What's up with that? They were within 2-4 points each time. I guess Coach Blevins thought their legs would be stronger than Maryville's down the stretch. Wrong!

When Maryville stretched the lead at the end, I noticed twice when they had the ball where the clock operator didn't start the clock until Bearden crossed the half line. Tsk, tsk, tsk (cheaters never profit!)

Although he didn't score many, Curtis Swank did a fantastic job against Jeremy Holliday in the big man contest.

The bottom line is Bearden ran out of gas and Maryville didn't. They finished the game.

Tipton 32

Gaskin 20

Buckley 8

Saxe 8

Buck hit a big three in the late fourth to spark the final Maryville run.

Maryville managed to "git'er done" at The Doghouse in front of a packed house 76-64.