Bradley Central/McMinn Co.

Bearettefan

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It will depend on Harlow and how he coaches the Bearettes. He's not been doing a very good job this year. He's got the girls so down and they never know when to shoot and when not to shoot. It's all a control issue for him. The Bearettes could easily win if they are encouraged and play as a team. Bearettes by 5.

Harlow can't hit the foul shots, lay-ups or block out for the girls. Sorry GT, but you are wrong in this post. Just another Harlow hater trying to stir up trouble!!! When they throw up 13 threes in one game and hit only one doesn't help the team win. When the opposing team scores six straight points on second or third shots cannot be blamed on the coach. When a player makes a pass directly to the other team's player is not coaching. Maybe the girls are not playing up to par because they are being told by parents and other fans that it is not their fault. I agree they are not playing as well as they can, but neither are the boys... no where close to what they should be doing...... I don't see their coach getting blasted on here. Bearettes need to step up and play. Maybe they should work a little extra on their shots, go to the Y, play with some guys, get tougher both mentally and physically and by all means, quit blaming someone else for their slacking.... That goes for ALL of them and not just a few.

Just another Harlow hater trying to stir up trouble!!!

I wouldn't say I was a "Harlow hater". I actually feel sorry for him. He is trying to get his team motivated but he thinks constant put downs and always telling them how bad they are is a motivating tool. He is loosing repect from the girls, rapidly. Maybe not from your daughter but she has the green light to score. I don't understand how you can defend him all the time. I have praised him many times for his coaching ability and now I feel stupid for doing so. He has gone too far. I agree, the girls need to make their shots and rebound and work extra on their own but he needs to give them the chance to use their talents and not just control them and let 2 girls be the offense. In the Cleveland game all the plays were run to 2 girls and what happened to those two? One got injured and the other one fouled out after missing at least 18 shots. If the other girls would have been allowed to contribute, it might have been a different score. Crowe, Jackson, Pickel, Reynolds & Lauren can all score. With alittle more confidence building from the coach and less put downs and smart remarks and CONTROL, the Bearettes could go all the way to State. If Tiffiny does get to come back then that would make it a sure thing.

Let's see, Crowe has been top scorer two or three games, Pickel two or three games, Jackson two or three games, Reynolds two of three games and Buckalew several more. Looking at this it seems that ALL the girls are shooting in the games. Scoring is not the only aspect in the game. There are rebounds, assists, steals, defense, etc. I just am saying that instead of talking against the coach, the parents should be supporting him, no matter who is doing the scoring. In the WB game it was mainly one doing all the shooting.. In the CHS game maybe there were two, in the win over McMinn it was two doing most of the shooting. Hey, we won! Different players have different roles, but to get anywhere the parents should be in support. Let Coach Harlow do the coaching.

If the other girls would have been allowed to contribute, it might have been a different score. Crowe, Jackson, Pickel, Reynolds & Lauren can all score. With alittle more confidence building from the coach and less put downs and smart remarks and CONTROL, the Bearettes could go all the way to State.

Man, maybe you ought to coach since to know it all. I think they need help at the elementary schools.

oh my , another person telling how they feel about Harlow!!! Expect this board to be locked or deleted in a short while because any time a topic gets started about him it ALWAYS disappears.

My suggestion is if you don't like Harlow put it in the Bradley Weekly it won't get deleted or locked there..LOL

Should anyone question the skill of the two amazing coaches who will meet friday night? I mean does it really get any better than Jack Harlow & Bob Williams? It seems only natural that two incredible basketball minds like these two should meet in the gym named for such a great coach like Jim Smitty. Do Dean Smith & John Wooden have their schedules cleared to come watch this excellence in action? They sure should. In fact, there is so much coaching knowledge in this matchup that it may end up in a tie, which should be settled in a bareknuckle donnybrook at center court between Harlow and Williams. I would take Williams looking at size alone, but we know Harlow is one heckuva firecracker. Therefore, Bradley by way of TKO in the second round.

P.S. - Humans have never landed on the moon.

just came from valley score board and seams like all the bchs people have moved over here they tried that whining stuff and got shut down now they have moved here. LOL :P

you know if it was just a one time thing or just one person that would be one thing but why does it keep on time and time again. that should tell you something ????? :D

I think that ignorance is just spreading out there. (I would say stupidity, but that might hurt someone's feelings.) Coach Harlowe has the respect of his players, and most of them, heaven forbid, even like him. It is amazing to me that you people get on here and talk about a man that you know nothing about. Have you seen the practices and games lately? He has not even yelled or screamed in a few games, unlike some other coaches that I have seen. Today at practice, he was walking out on the court and talking and laughing with a couple of his players. I find it so funny that some people can take one or two incidents and make it look like this man is just the most horrible man alive. GET OFF HIS BACK! I dont know where you get that Harlowe is not coaching good this year. Bradley beat Oak Ridge, Walker Valley, South Greene, and only lost by a few points to teams like Sevier County and Wilson Central. And, as for your comments about the girls being so confused that they don't know when to shoot. Hmm, let's see: Pickel has the green light, Jackson has the green light, Crowe has the green light. Cassada may not have the green light, but that is because she does not have much of a shooting range, but since she has been playing more and more, Harlowe has designed more plays to get her open under the basket so she can score. She is averaging close to double figures since being inserted into the starting lineup. Reynolds is a player that Harlowe expects a lot out of on the defensive end and rebounding and she always delivers. In all situations, these girls know their roles, and it is up to them to execute them. It is time for you people to quit trying to run people's names thru the mud and get a life. Oh, and by the way could you at least stick to the post topics. That would be so kind of you.

Bradley by 10