Columbia vs. Giles Co.

untame

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right Columbia Central. Giles county is terrible. You tore us apart the last three times we played. We should be ashamed of ourselv...... Wait a minute! We won the last three times! Don't talk about " owning " anyone. You also got beat by Lawrence county both times this year too, so what are you talking about? Granted Lawrence county is 10 times better than previous years, but if you can't win all your games in district, can't beat us, and lose both games at that by ten points plus, then I would take that as my chance to bow out gracefully. I know your mind can't coprehend the reason that is so clear to everyone else, but please do try, for the sake of everyone that reads this meaningless thread. I'm out.

we are down this year ,so you should beat us. last year the second game went to over time at your place. it aint like you blew us out. this year yall beat us by 14 i think both times,but columbia is very down cause we don't have the players we had last year. so you can feel real good by beating a down columbia team,because it is yalls last time winning for along while. :P

Columbia Central[/url]' date='Feb 6 2004 - 06:08 PM'] this is a rivalry it doesn't really matter about how good the teams are!!!!!!!! both teams are going to play a good hard fought game. columbia @ home by 2. :P

Uh - aren't you contradicting yourself? You said we should drill Columbia, but your previous statement about this being a rivalry game must have went out the window.

What Giles Co. fans and players are concentrating on is this year and trying to win another state championship. This year we came out on top of Columbia, as for you stating that this year will be the last time for a while that we win, you are not the one to decide that. We will worry about that issue when it comes, as for right now, we are trying to win a state championship, not arguing with a bunch of upset Columbia fans because they got beat. Columbia is not even an issue anymore, winning a state championship is. So stop complaining because we dont care. Whether this is the last time we beat yall or not is not for you to decide. Stop complaining, Columbia is no longer an issue to us, we are concentrating on bigger and better things, like another state championship. Columbia is a good team, and i cant wait till next year. Lets focus on a state championship and not a team that we dont even play anymore this year.

Let me start out by asking the question, what is the topic of this thread? Did i miss the part where it was asked if anyone thought that Columbia would dominate Giles in years to come? or the part where it was asked if Tyler would stay in Pulaski next year? or the part where it was asked if Steve somebody was better than Tyler? I thought the discussion was going to be about what went on at the game, but oviously I was wrong!

It was a very well played game by Giles County, with scoring coming from everyone.(Instead of just one player!) Shay was lights out from beyond the arc with help from Zach (you know, the 5' guy who just thinks he's good!) J-Mo provided some excellent play down low and has become able to give us some key second chances. I feel like cash looks like t-fletch more and more every game with his jumper and rebounding ability. Once again Channing came in and looked very good! And, it may have just been me, but did Tyler have a dunk that brought everyone in the "lion den" to their feet? I felt like Gray really thought he had done something when he got his "thunderhawk" (or whatever you called it), but his moment in the spotlight was fleeting when BIRDMAN put his foot right on top of Steve's pride with one of the best dunks of the year! I'm one of the biggest Bobcat fans you'll find and I definitely felt sorry for the guy! He is a strong player and should definitely get some looks from several schools. However, Columbia is obviously far too dependent on Gray's talent which is a huge mistake! The reason he was the leading scorer in the game was because no one else on the team would take a shot! It was like they were scared not to pass it Steve (who's head is up who's butt?)

As for Giles not being able to defeat White Station last year, that's exactly what it is! LAST YEAR! The bottom line is you're a 3A school, we're a 2A school! We won a gold ball, you rode home with dreams of what could've been if Steve Gray was only 2 or 3 inches taller! That's why we play 3A schools, in order to prove ourselves! And, just as we proved Friday night, Tyler is not the only player on the team! He is one of the best players in the Nation and yes he will go on to have a brilliant career in basketball, but to say that Columbia will dominate Giles County for years to come is a ridiculous statement! We are able to get our bench players in almost every game, and they have proven that they, too, will be a force in the coming years! If you haven't noticed, Channing Coffey can be (and i believe already is) one of the best players in the state!

There is absolutely no reason for getting on this thread and bashing Giles County if you just lost to them by 14 points! Maybe next time you should beat us and then talk about how terrible we all are! This thread is sounding a lot like one of those controversial parents that sat behind me, that continuously uttered the most senseless things I've ever heard, such as "ya'll still have a little *** gym"! WOW! And maybe it was just me again, but did anyone complain when the Columbia students stood for the game in Pulaski? I think not! I commend wneely for standing up in what he believes and the donuts were an especially nice touch!

This has become a great rivalry, and should continue to be so! Next time we beat ya'll, why dont you just say good game and get on with your lives instead of talking about what happened 4 years ago and what's going to happen next year! In the mean time we'll be putting another ring on our finger and ya'll will be trying to stimulate Steve's pituitary gland in order to give him those extra 3 inches that he needs to become the next Michael Jordan!

LEBRON WHO?

and i guarentee that if steve was tyler's height, he would make tyler look like crap.

Yeah, well...if I was as tall as Shaq I could dunk on anyone. Or if I was as good a hitter as Keith Bullock, I would be playing for the Titans. Or if a frog had wings, he wouldn't whomp his a** everytime he jumped. What a stupid comment.

First of all who really cares about Steve anyway? And even if Tyler leaves, we still have a great team, and I really dont know why Columbia fans think Tyler leaving is gonna make any difference, we will still drill them anyway :o Seeing as Columbia doesnt have a player worth a crap other than Steve, they would never win if Steve left, Oh wait, he cant leave, theres not another school that wants him!!! :D Stop crying just because Tyler dunked all over you, and on top of that you got beat!!! Steve is not even close to Tylers level, nor will he ever be, all you people talking about Tyler will be the ones sitting on the couch eating potato chips watching Tyler play in the NBA. Steve wont be there so dont worry about watching him. Who cares if Steve scored more than Tyler, that just means that we have other players on the team that can score other than Columbia who has one. Second of all you LOST anyway so it doesnt matter. If Tyler leaves, I will be the first one to wish him luck, at least we have a player that actually has that decision to make, does Columbia?... No so stop crying and realize that nobody cares about Steve, and you lost to GC once again and thats all that we care about, WINS!!!

STEVE WHO!?!

WELCOME TO THE TYLER SMITH SHOW!!!

I really dont know why Columbia fans think Tyler leaving is gonna make any difference, we will still drill them anyway :o Seeing as Columbia doesnt have a player worth a crap other than Steve, they would never win if Steve left, Oh wait, he cant leave, theres not another school that wants him!!! :blink:

willyp great post i agree fully but that right there set me off and thats the reason i brought up old news b/c he said we would get drilled in the future so i was just seeing if he remembered the past games between us. sorry about some comments b/c u do make great points. this is a great rivalry with both schools having great student sections who should both be allowed to support there teams good luck with the state title Giles Co.

1st thing 1st 40 inch you don't even play for giles co. so you can just shut it about yo game. you probably could not make the team. yes giles is a good team i must admit. yall should win the state. you can have these 2 victories this year over columbia cause it is back to the down to the wire games next year. the reason why tylers dunk got the lions den on their feet was because not to many people can dunk on steve. so we just gave tyler his props on the dunk. and steve would make tyler look like crap if he was his size that's all i have to say. good luck this year cause yalls luck is gone after this. :blink::D:o do yall think yall would win as much as yall do now without tyler. i do not think so.

Edited by columbia central