Duals strategy

texas23

2)  He makes decisions based on what is in the best interest of his team just like every coach in this state.  We may not agree with every decision, but we should not question their motives for doing so. 

2.  I agree he makes decisions based on what is best for the team, I disagree that we should not question their motives, why not?  I just want to understand, that's all. 

Tex - you are right on track. Ask a legitimate question about any program or policy and you are promptly attacked for questioning "coach God" or your credentials are challenged "who are you to question, have you every coached, officiated, won championships, etc, etc". The number one rule in debating is when you can't address the facts, attack the person.

Cobrakid had the answer, they didn't have anybody. Some of you folks still don't understand that there are a handfull of wrestlers like Quinn against which 75% of the varsity guys stand absolutely no chance and 100% of the jv guys have no chance. When Spain came through at 52 and Campbell was out at 89, match was over, done, finished.

Good observations. Steve H. did an outstanding job making this one respectable.

soms

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to all the winners and participants of the State Dual Meet Tornament. The Tournament allows coaches to compete by using both the strategy, which they have developed and their individual philosophy. Although I was unable to attend the Tournament, it appears that they were well displayed by all.

There are two changes to the overall format of the tournament which I have long felt should be made. They are, the team from each school should be limited to twenty wrestlers who would be listed by name at the begining of the tournament and that each of the wrestlers be required to make all weighins. This would make the playing field level for all of the teams and require each coach to carefully weigh his options against his resources, whether they are from the Nashville/Clarksville area or distant parts of the state. Under the current format if you are in the Nashville/Clarksville are you have your entire wrestling room available and can make changes even as late as Saturday morning. The cost of lodging and food prevents teams from bringing everyone from East or West Tennessee and gives the closer schools a great advantage.

Dan Dugger

Congratulations to all the winners and participants of the State Dual Meet Tornament. The Tournament allows coaches to compete by using both the strategy, which they have developed and their individual philosophy. Although I was unable to attend the Tournament, it appears that they were well displayed by all.

There are two changes to the overall format of the tournament which I have long felt should be made. They are, the team from each school should be limited to twenty wrestlers who would be listed by name at the begining of the tournament and that each of the wrestlers be required to make all weighins. This would make the playing field level for all of the teams and require each coach to carefully weigh his options against his resources, whether they are from the Nashville/Clarksville area or distant parts of the state. Under the current format if you are in the Nashville/Clarksville are you have your entire wrestling room available and can make changes even as late as Saturday morning. The cost of lodging and food prevents teams from bringing everyone from East or West Tennessee and gives the closer schools a great advantage.

Dan Dugger

I like your thinking Dan.

Even Gordon told me Saturday night that he saw Ryan wrestlers on their lineup in the finals he'd never seen before. Shows tremendous depth for Ryan, but also quite convenient with two-three hours less to drive.

soms

Walkenvol,

Please cool off. I don't think I made any personal attacks. I was simply stating my opinion. By the way, I would say the same thing about Gordon, Frank Simpson, Pat Simpson, Logsdon or any of the other coaches that pour their lives into these kids on a daily basis and always have their best interests in mind.

I have read some of your other posts and it sounds like you are upset and just venting. Is that a fair assessment?

- Tilt43

walkenvol,

Now there you go again with the personal attacks and attitude. Now I see why you are not beloved among the Blue Tornado fans. I could get cute and attack back, but what's the point. Besides wasn't it you that said the number one rule in debating is when you can't address the facts, attack the person.

btw-

I guess you may be right. I apologize. It's that nasty fight or flight reflex. Tends to get the best of all of us.

Now. Since you decided to jump in. Let's talk about your handle. It's interesting and bold. Please share with everyone why you think you deserve such a title.